The Ohio Bobcats (14-14, 6-9 MAC) wrap up their home schedule at Convocation Center against the Kent State Golden Flashes (18-10, 8-7 MAC). The game will air on CBS Sports Network at 6:30 p.m. ET on Friday, February 28, 2020.
Kent State Golden Flashes at Ohio Bobcats Betting Odds
Both teams were victorious over their last opponent. The Bobcats defeated the Buffalo Bulls 80-69, while the Golden Flashes beat the Miami (OH) RedHawks 74-61.
Kent State played a flawless game. They had a solid offensive rebounding percentage of 31.8 (above their season average of 30.8) and a free throw rate of 0.111 (below their season average of 0.207). For those same stats, Miami (OH) was 18.5 and 0.082, respectively. Meanwhile, Ohio’s free throw rate was their largest strength over Buffalo. The Bobcats had a rate of 0.426 (above their season average of 0.183), while the Bulls posted a mark of 0.290. Ohio received a boost from Jason Preston, who put up 19 points and 10 rebounds. Meanwhile, Antonio Williams had a good outing for Kent State, contributing 17 points and five rebounds.
In their first matchup this year, Troy Simons led the Golden Flashes to an 87-72 victory. He was the game’s top overall scorer with 27 points. One of Kent State’s biggest strengths was their ability to convert at the free throw line. They were 18-22 (81.8 percent), while the Bobcats were just 10-17 (58.8 percent).
Kent State figures to have the advantage on the offensive side of the ball. The Golden Flashes currently rank 63rd in offensive efficiency, while Ohio ranks 175th in defensive efficiency.
Kent State Golden Flashes vs. Ohio Bobcats Betting Pick
Pick: SU Winner – Ohio, ATS Winner – Ohio, O/U – Over
- Kent State ranks 47th in blocks per game (4.3) while Ohio ranks 187th (2.4).
- The Bobcats rank 50th in assists allowed per game (11.1) while the Golden Flashes rank 135th (12.6).
- Ohio averages 35.5 rebounds per game, which ranks 150th in the country. Kent State ranks 166th in rebounds allowed per game (35.5).
- The Golden Flashes rank 58th in three pointers attempted per game (24.9) while the Bobcats rank 171st in three pointers allowed per game (22.3).
- Kent State ranks 26th in steals allowed per game (5.1) while Ohio ranks 113th (6.3).
- During their last five games, the Bobcats have scored an average of 72.6 points per game (1.5 above their season average) and allowed an average of 69.6 points per game (1.1 above their season average).
- The Golden Flashes have been outscored by an average of 0.4 points in their last five games. For the season, Kent State has defeated opponents by an average of 6.7 points.