MAC foes will collide when the Ohio Bobcats (11-15, 4-10 MAC) take on the Kent State Golden Flashes (13-14, 7-7 MAC) at Convocation Center. The games Over/Under (O/U) opened at 147.5 points with Ohio set as a 4-point favorite. Action begins at 7 p.m. ET on Tuesday, February 20, 2018.
Kent State Golden Flashes at Ohio Bobcats ATS Preview
In the Golden Flashes last matchup, they beat the Akron Zips, 78-68. Jaylin Walker was the top scorer from either team with 27 points on 7-for-14 shooting. Kent State dominated every facet of the game. They had an extraordinary free throw rate of 0.407 (above their season average of 0.232) and an offensive rebounding percentage of 35.5 (above their season average of 31.5). For those same stats, Akron was 0.321 and 29.4, respectively.
The Bobcats hope to maintain momentum after defeating the Miami (OH) RedHawks in their last matchup, 92-87. Ohio rallied around Jordan Dartis, who was the games high scorer with 23 points on 7-for-13 shooting. The Bobcats knocked down 16 of their 19 free throws (84.2 percent) and had an effective field goal percentage of 0.567 (above their season average of 0.502).
Of Kent State’s 22 games with betting action, 11 have finished over the O/U total, while 11 of Ohio’s 21 games have finished over the O/U total. Looking at straight up (SU) and against the spread (ATS) records, the Golden Flashes have a sizable advantage. They are 13-14 SU and 11-10-1 ATS, while the Bobcats are 11-15 SU and 9-10-2 ATS.
These teams have already met once this season. The two teams combined to score 139 points in that game, which was under the projected point total of 151. The Golden Flashes won 70-69, covering as 1-point favorites. The Golden Flashes played a nearly flawless game. They had an offensive rebounding percentage of 25.7 and a turnover percentage of 13.1. For those same stats, the Bobcats were 17.2 and 19.3, respectively. Kevin Zabo was the games leading scorer with 24 points.
Kent State Golden Flashes at Ohio Bobcats Betting Prediction
Pick: SU Winner – Ohio, ATS Winner – Ohio, O/U – Over
- On the road, Kent State is 4-8 ATS with 7 unders and 5 overs.
- Ohio is 5-4 ATS at home with 5 overs and 4 unders.
- Kent State ranks 138th in rebounds allowed per game (34.4) while Ohio ranks 281st (39.2).
- The Golden Flashes rank 124th in three pointers allowed per game (21.4) while the Bobcats rank 257th (25.0).
- Ohio ranks 133rd in assists per game (13.9) while Kent State ranks 240th (11.8).
- Ohio is 3-2 ATS with 4 overs and 1 under in their last five games.
- Over their last five games, Kent State is 2-3 ATS with 3 unders and 2 overs.
- The Bobcats have outscored opponents by an average of 1.8 points in their last five games. For the season, Ohio has lost by an average of 0.7 points.
- During their last five games, the Golden Flashes have scored an average of 69.4 points per game (4.3 below their season average) and allowed an average of 76.0 points per game (2.3 above their season average).