The Norfolk State Spartans (0-6) are off to a slow start and will try to pick up their first win when they take on the Kent State Golden Flashes (3-3) at Echols Hall. Tip-off is set for 8 p.m. ET on Wednesday, November 29, 2017.
Kent State Golden Flashes vs. Norfolk State Spartans Betting Preview
The Golden Flashes were beaten by the Loyola Chicago Ramblers in their last matchup, 75-60. Kent State’s Jaylin Walker had 13 points in the game. Loyola Chicago held the Golden Flashes to an effective field goal percentage of 0.431 (below their season average of 0.514). Kent State, meanwhile, had a much better turnover percentage (11.0 vs. 20.5).
In the Spartans last game, they were beaten by the Little Rock Trojans, 70-55. Steven Whitley was the games high scorer with 16 points on 5-for-9 shooting. Little Rock had an effective field goal percentage of 0.580 (above their season average of 0.475). Norfolk State, on the other hand, had an offensive rebounding percentage of 42.2 (above their season average of 26.1).
Norfolk State figures to have the advantage on the defensive side of the ball. The Spartans rank 93rd in effective field goal percentage allowed (0.485), while Kent State is 274th in effective field goal percentage (0.486) since the 2016-17 season.
Kent State Golden Flashes vs. Norfolk State Spartans ATS Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Norfolk State, ATS Winner – Norfolk State, O/U – Over
Betting Notes (2016-Present):
- The Golden Flashes rank 120th in steals per game (6.5) while the Spartans rank 258th (5.1).
- Kent State ranks 206th in assists per game (12.7) while Norfolk State ranks 294th (10.9).
- Kent State averages 40.0 rebounds per game, which ranks 12th in the nation. Norfolk State ranks 222nd in rebounds allowed per game (36.5).
- The Golden Flashes rank 14th in blocks allowed per game (2.4) while the Spartans rank 194th (3.8).
- Kent State ranks 110th in three pointers attempted per game (22.5) while Norfolk State ranks 263rd in three pointers allowed per game (23.5).