The Kent State Golden Flashes (13-3, 3-0 MAC) will be at John D. Millett Hall to challenge the Miami (OH) RedHawks (7-9, 0-3 MAC) in a MAC matchup. The game begins at 7 p.m. ET on Tuesday, January 14, 2020.
Kent State Golden Flashes at Miami (OH) RedHawks ATS Odds
In their last outing, the RedHawks lost to the Buffalo Bulls, 83-78, while the Golden Flashes beat the Central Michigan Chippewas, 79-73.
Kent State dominated nearly every facet of the game. They had a solid free throw rate of 0.271 (above their season average of 0.200) and an offensive rebounding percentage of 28.6 (below their season average of 31.5). For those same stats, Central Michigan had marks of 0.203 and 22.0, respectively. Miami (OH), on the other hand, had a free throw rate of 0.266 (above their season average of 0.180). Miami (OH) rallied around Dalonte Brown, who put up 18 points and seven rebounds. Meanwhile, Antonio Williams played a key role for Kent State with 23 points.
The Golden Flashes dominated this series last year, emerging victorious in both games. In the last matchup, Kent State won 75-66. The Golden Flashes’ 33.3 offensive rebounding percentage was their largest advantage over the RedHawks, who had a rate of 25.0. This is the first time these teams will battle this year.
Kent State could have a difficult time creating turnovers. Miami (OH) ranks 20th in the nation at avoiding errors (turnover percentage of 16.3 percent), while Kent State forces the 133rd-most turnovers (20.7 percent). Furthermore, the Golden Flashes rank 23rd in offensive efficiency (111.7), while the RedHawks rank 275th in defensive efficiency (103.1).
Kent State Golden Flashes at Miami (OH) RedHawks Free Pick
Prediction: SU Winner – Kent State, ATS Winner – Kent State, O/U – Over
- Kent State averages 37.8 rebounds per game, which ranks 81st in the NCAA. Miami (OH) ranks 239th in rebounds allowed per game (38.3).
- The RedHawks rank 45th in assists allowed per game (10.7) while the Golden Flashes rank 109th (12.3).
- Kent State ranks 16th in steals allowed per game (5.0) while Miami (OH) ranks 46th (5.7).
- The Golden Flashes rank 50th in three pointers attempted per game (25.6) while the RedHawks rank 140th in three pointers allowed per game (21.8).
- Kent State ranks 42nd in blocks per game (4.5) while Miami (OH) ranks 121st (3.1).
- During their last five games, the Golden Flashes have scored an average of 82.6 points per game (2.3 above their season average) and allowed an average of 74.2 points per game (6.0 above their season average).
- The RedHawks’ average margin of victory in their last five games has been 13.0, up from 3.6 for the season.