The Jacksonville Dolphins (12-16, 5-8 Asun) wrap up their home schedule at Swisher Gym against the Kennesaw State Owls (1-25, 0-13 Asun). The game starts at 6 p.m. ET on Saturday, February 22, 2020.
Kennesaw State Owls at Jacksonville Dolphins ATS Odds
Both teams lost in their last outing. The Dolphins lost a winnable game to the Lipscomb Bisons, 68-67, while the Owls lost big to the North Alabama Lions, 65-46.
Kennesaw State had a better turnover percentage (18.3 vs. 18.7) while Jacksonville had an effective field goal percentage of 0.560 (above their season average of 0.481). Jacksonville’s DeAnthony McCallum had a solid performance, recording 21 points. Ugo Obineke, meanwhile played a key role for Kennesaw State with 11 points.
In their first matchup this year, McCallum led the Dolphins to an 83-64 win. He produced 22 points. Jacksonville had a much better effective field goal percentage (0.634 vs. 0.393). Kennesaw State, meanwhile, did a great job of making free throws (20-24; 83.3 percent).
Jacksonville could have their way on defense as they square off against one of the worst offenses in the nation. The Dolphins currently rank 59th in effective field goal percentage allowed (0.462), while Kennesaw State is 350th in effective field goal percentage (0.392).
Kennesaw State at Jacksonville Free Pick
Basketball Tip: SU Winner – Jacksonville, ATS Winner – Jacksonville, O/U – Under
- Jacksonville ranks 65th in rebounds per game (37.9) while Kennesaw State ranks 266th (32.4).
- The Dolphins average 2.8 blocks per game, which ranks 138th in the NCAA. The Owls rank 155th in blocks allowed per game (4.0).
- Kennesaw State ranks 216th in steals per game (5.2) while Jacksonville ranks 226th (5.0).
- The Dolphins rank 28th in assists allowed per game (10.5) while the Owls rank 219th (14.3).
- Jacksonville ranks 205th in three pointers attempted per game (20.4) while Kennesaw State ranks 291st (16.2).
- The Dolphins have been outscored by an average of 2.4 points in their last five games. On the season, Jacksonville has scored an equal number of points as their opponents.
- During their last five games, the Owls have scored an average of 51.4 points per game (1.9 below their season average) and allowed an average of 70.4 points per game (2.2 below their season average).