Asun foes will clash when the Stetson Hatters (11-18, 3-9 Asun) go head-to-head with the Kennesaw State Owls (10-17, 6-6 Asun) at Edmunds Center. Action starts at 4 p.m. ET on Saturday, February 17, 2018, and it can be seen on ESPN 3.
Kennesaw State Owls at Stetson Hatters ATS Preview
The last time the Owls played, they beat the FGCU Eagles, 97-93. James Scott led Kennesaw State in scoring with 27 points on 10-for-22 shooting. Kennesaw State’s rebounding was their largest advantage. The Owls had more offensive rebounds (11 vs. five) and total rebounds (36 vs. 30).
The Hatters are trying to rebound after their 82-73 loss to the Lipscomb Bisons in their last matchup. With 18 points and five rebounds, Stetson’s Divine Myles had a good outing. Lipscomb did a fantastic job of converting from the free throw line (20-27; 74.1 percent). Stetson, meanwhile, had a much better turnover percentage (11.8 vs. 19.5).
Kennesaw State could have a difficult time creating turnovers. Stetson ranks seventh in the nation at avoiding errors (turnover percentage of 14.7 percent), while Kennesaw State forces the 178th-most turnovers (19.1 percent).
Nick Masterson has been exceptional over the last five games for Kennesaw State, averaging 19.4 points and 4.0 assists per game.
These teams have already met once this season. The Owls won 95-81. Kennesaw State’s 0.675 effective field goal percentage was its largest strength over Stetson, who had a mark of 0.459. Scott scored a game-high 32 points.
Kennesaw State Owls at Stetson Hatters Free Prediction
Prediction: SU Winner – Kennesaw State, ATS Winner – Kennesaw State, O/U – Over
- The Hatters average 7.1 steals per game, which ranks 63rd in the nation. The Owls rank 117th in steals allowed per game (6.2).
- Kennesaw State averages 3.2 blocks per game, which ranks 126th in the nation. Stetson ranks 134th in blocks allowed per game (3.7).
- Stetson ranks 119th in three pointers attempted per game (22.7) while Kennesaw State ranks 307th (14.7).
- The Hatters average 14.8 assists per game, which ranks 93rd in the NCAA. The Owls rank 201st in assists allowed per game (14.6).
- Kennesaw State ranks 173rd in rebounds allowed per game (35.6) while Stetson ranks 260th (38.4).
- The Hatters average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 4.8, up from 2.2 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Owls have scored an average of 85.6 points per game (12.8 above their season average) and allowed an average of 74.2 points per game (2.5 below their season average).