The Yale Bulldogs (7-3) welcome the Kennesaw State Owls (3-11) to John J. Lee Amphitheater. The Owls can end a seven-game road losing streak. The game gets underway at 7 p.m. ET on Wednesday, January 2, 2019.
Kennesaw State Owls at Yale Bulldogs ATS Odds
Both teams beat their last opponent. The Bulldogs defeated the California Golden Bears 76-59, while the Owls beat the Oglethorpe Stormy Petrels 68-57.
Kennesaw State dominated nearly every facet of the game. They had an offensive rebounding percentage of 47.2 and a free throw rate of 0.220. Oglethorpe put up marks of 15.2 and 0.157, respectively, for those same stats. Meanwhile, Yale’s 0.567 effective field goal percentage was their biggest strength over California, who had a rate of 0.373. Yale rallied around Azar Swain, who contributed 16 points and six rebounds. Meanwhile, Tyler Hooker led the way for Kennesaw State, finishing with 25 points and five steals.
The Bulldogs won the only contest between these two teams last season, 89-74. The Bulldogs’ offensive rebounding percentage was their biggest advantage over the Owls. Yale had a rate of 34.8, while Kennesaw State posted a mark of 25.0. This will be the first matchup of the year between these two teams.
Miye Oni has taken his game to another level as of late for Yale, averaging 0 points over the last five games.
When looking at effective field goal percentage, Yale should have a considerable edge. The sharp-shooting Bulldogs offense ranks 30th in the NCAA in that metric at 0.560, while the bottom-tier Kennesaw State defense is ranked 270th in effective field goal percentage allowed (0.525).
Kennesaw State Owls vs. Yale Bulldogs Pick
Prediction: SU Winner – Yale, O/U – Over
- Yale ranks eighth in assists per game (18.5) while Kennesaw State ranks 203rd (11.4).
- The Owls average 5.7 steals per game, which ranks 143rd in the country. The Bulldogs rank 185th in steals allowed per game (8.7).
- Yale ranks 105th in blocks per game (3.2) while Kennesaw State ranks 117th in blocks allowed per game (3.8).
- The Bulldogs average 40.3 rebounds per game, which ranks 32nd in the NCAA. The Owls rank 187th in rebounds allowed per game (37.3).
- Yale ranks 126th in three pointers attempted per game (23.0) while Kennesaw State ranks 268th (12.7).
- The Bulldogs’ average margin of victory in their last five games has been 9.4, up from 5.5 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Owls have scored an average of 53.6 points per game (8.5 below their season average) and allowed an average of 61.4 points per game (13.2 below their season average).