It will be a showdown between two superb defenses when the TCU Horned Frogs (13-11, 4-7 Big 12) take on the Kansas State Wildcats (9-15, 2-9 Big 12) at Ed & Rae Schollmaier Arena. Action begins at 5 p.m. ET on Saturday, February 15, 2020.
Kansas State Wildcats at TCU Horned Frogs Betting Odds
Both teams were beaten in their last outing. The Horned Frogs got blown out by the 24th-ranked Texas Tech Red Raiders, 88-42, while the Wildcats were beaten by the Oklahoma State Cowboys, 64-59.
Kansas State forced Oklahoma State into a turnover percentage of 22.6 (above their season average of 16.2) while TCU had a free throw rate of 0.333 (above their season average of 0.158). TCU’s Jaire Grayer led the way, recording 10 points. Kansas State, meanwhile, was lifted by Cartier Diarra, who had 15 points and seven rebounds.
In their first matchup this season, Kevin Samuel led the Horned Frogs to a 59-57 win. He recorded a double-double with 10 points and 15 rebounds. TCU out-rebounded Kansas State. The Horned Frogs had 15 offensive rebounds and 41 total rebounds, while the Wildcats had six and 32, respectively.
Half-court execution will be at a premium when two of the NCAA’s slowest-paced teams square off. TCU currently ranks 311th in possessions per game (66.4) and Kansas State is 275th (67.3). Ball protection could be troublesome for the Wildcats. They rank 306th at avoiding errors (turnover percentage of 21.3 percent), while the Horned Frogs force the 36th-most turnovers in the nation (opponents’ turnover percentage of 22.6 percent).
Kansas State at TCU Betting Pick
Pick: SU Winner – Kansas State, ATS Winner – Kansas State, O/U – Over
- Kansas State ranks 66th in assists allowed per game (11.3) while TCU ranks 238th (15.5).
- The Horned Frogs rank 50th in three pointers allowed per game (19.2) while the Wildcats rank 86th (20.2).
- TCU averages 35.5 rebounds per game, which ranks 145th in the NCAA. Kansas State ranks 157th in rebounds allowed per game (35.2).
- The Horned Frogs rank 20th in blocks per game (4.9) while the Wildcats rank 161st (2.5).
- TCU ranks 68th in steals per game (7.3) while Kansas State ranks 190th in steals allowed per game (7.5).
- The Wildcats have been outscored by an average of 4.4 points in their last five games. On the season, Kansas State has defeated opponents by an average of 0.5 points.
- During their last five games, the Horned Frogs have scored an average of 51.6 points per game (14.1 below their season average) and allowed an average of 70.0 points per game (5.5 above their season average).