The top-ranked Kansas Jayhawks (25-3, 14-1 Big 12) visit Fred Bramlage Coliseum to take on the Kansas State Wildcats (9-19, 2-13 Big 12). The Jayhawks have won 13 consecutive games, while the Wildcats have lost their last eight games. The game begins at 1:30 p.m. ET on Saturday, February 29, 2020.
Kansas Jayhawks vs. Kansas State Wildcats ATS Odds
In their last matchup, the Wildcats got blown out by the second-ranked Baylor Bears, 85-66, while the Jayhawks dismantled the Oklahoma State Cowboys, 83-58.
Kansas dominated nearly every stat category in the game. They had an extraordinary offensive rebounding percentage of 34.2 (above their season average of 31.7) and a turnover percentage of 12.1 (better than their season average of 16.4). Oklahoma State recorded marks of 21.9 and 17.7, respectively, for those same stats. Kansas State, on the other hand, did a fantastic job of making free throws (15-19; 78.9 percent). Kansas State rallied around Cartier Diarra, who recorded 19 points and six rebounds. Meanwhile, Udoka Azubuike had a good game for Kansas, recording 19 points and 16 rebounds.
In their first matchup this season, Azubuike led the Jayhawks to an 81-60 win. He recorded a double-double with 10 points and 14 rebounds. Kansas’ free throw rate was their biggest advantage over Kansas State. The Jayhawks had a rate of 0.185, while the Wildcats posted a mark of 0.103.
Kansas State might struggle to find the bottom of the net as they square off against one of the NCAA’s best defenses. Kansas currently ranks third in defensive efficiency, while the Wildcats rank 315th in offensive efficiency.
Kansas Jayhawks at Kansas State Wildcats ATS Pick
Free Basketball Pick: SU Winner – Kansas, ATS Winner – Kansas, O/U – Over
- Kansas ranks 47th in rebounds per game (38.5) while Kansas State ranks 233rd (33.2).
- The Wildcats rank 116th in three pointers allowed per game (20.9) while the Jayhawks rank 238th (23.9).
- Kansas ranks 65th in assists per game (14.4) while Kansas State ranks 101st in assists allowed per game (12.0).
- The Jayhawks rank 50th in steals per game (7.7) while the Wildcats rank 208th in steals allowed per game (7.5).
- Kansas ranks 20th in blocks per game (4.9) while Kansas State ranks 167th (2.6).
- The Jayhawks’ average margin of victory in their last five games has been 14.8, up from 14.8 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Wildcats have scored an average of 60.6 points per game (3.7 below their season average) and allowed an average of 71.2 points per game (5.6 above their season average).