The undefeated top-ranked Kansas Jayhawks (10-0) try to stay unbeaten when they take on the 18th-ranked Arizona State Sun Devils (8-2) at Wells-Fargo Arena. The game starts at 9 p.m. ET on Saturday, December 22, 2018, and will air on ESPN2.
Kansas Jayhawks vs. Arizona State Sun Devils ATS Odds
Both teams beat their last opponent. The Sun Devils defeated the Cal State Fullerton Titans 102-94, while the Jayhawks beat the 10th-ranked Michigan State Spartans 92-87.
The Jayhawks had a much better turnover percentage (11.6 vs. 19.5) and had a much better offensive rebounding percentage (28.3 vs. 19.4). The Sun Devils, on the other hand, had a much better offensive rebounding percentage (36.4 vs. 15.6) and had a better free throw rate (0.333 vs. 0.257). Arizona State’s Luguentz Dort had a good game, recording 28 points and nine rebounds. Dedric Lawson was a key piece for Kansas with 20 points, 14 rebounds and six assists.
The Sun Devils won the sole contest between these two teams last season, 95-85. Arizona State’s 0.231 free throw rate was their largest strength over Kansas, who had a rate of 0.104. This will be the first matchup of the year between these two teams.
Dort has really been playing well recently for Arizona State, averaging 0 points over the last five games.
Arizona State does a great job at getting to the charity stripe. They rank 24th in free throw attempt (FTA) rate (0.301), but Kansas is among the best in the NCAA at keeping opponents off the line (ranking 44th by allowing a FTA rate of 0.179).
Kansas at Arizona State Pick
Prediction: SU Winner – Kansas, ATS Winner – Kansas, O/U – Over
- Arizona State ranks fifth in rebounds per game (42.7) while Kansas ranks 114th in rebounds allowed per game (34.6).
- The Sun Devils average 19.1 three pointers per game, which ranks 207th in the NCAA. The Jayhawks rank 241st in three pointers allowed per game (27.0).
- Kansas ranks 72nd in blocks per game (3.7) while Arizona State ranks 96th in blocks allowed per game (3.6).
- The Jayhawks allow the 19th-fewest steals per game (4.8) while the Sun Devils rank 59th (5.7).
- Arizona State averages 14.1 assists per game, which ranks 118th in the NCAA. Kansas ranks 153rd in assists allowed per game (14.2).
- During their last five games, the Jayhawks have scored an average of 85.8 points per game (4.1 above their season average) and allowed an average of 76.0 points per game (6.5 above their season average).
- The Sun Devils’ average margin of victory in their last five games has been 15.6, up from 8.8 for the season.