The Kansas City Roos (12-13, 4-6 WAC) will be at Grand Canyon University Arena to square off against the Grand Canyon Antelopes (10-13, 5-4 WAC) in a WAC matchup. The game begins at 9 p.m. ET on Thursday, February 13, 2020.
Kansas City Roos at Grand Canyon Antelopes ATS Odds
In their last contest, the Antelopes were victorious over the California Baptist Lancers, 103-98, while the Roos were beaten by the New Mexico State Aggies, 67-61.
The Antelopes knocked down 28 of their 37 free throws (75.7 percent) and had an effective field goal percentage of 0.735 (above their season average of 0.489). Kansas City, meanwhile, had a better effective field goal percentage (0.563 vs. 0.542). Carlos Johnson fueled Grand Canyon with 25 points and six rebounds. Jordan Giles, meanwhile played well for Kansas City, putting up 20 points and seven rebounds.
The Antelopes have won both matchups against the Roos this season. Grand Canyon won 69-66. Grand Canyon did a fantastic job of converting from the charity stripe (19-21; 90.5 percent). Kansas City, meanwhile, had a much better offensive rebounding percentage (23.7 vs. 16.0).
Ball security could play an integral role in this showdown. Grand Canyon commits the 56th-fewest miscues in the NCAA (turnover percentage of 17.1 percent), while the pesky defense of Kansas City forces the 46th-most (opponents’ turnover percentage of 22.4 percent).
Kansas City Roos vs. Grand Canyon Antelopes Odds Pick
Pick: SU Winner – Grand Canyon, ATS Winner – Grand Canyon, O/U – Over
- Kansas City ranks 17th in three pointers allowed per game (17.3) while Grand Canyon ranks 245th (24.3).
- The Roos rank 133rd in assists per game (13.3) while the Antelopes rank 214th in assists allowed per game (14.3).
- Grand Canyon ranks 251st in rebounds per game (32.8) while Kansas City ranks 277th (31.7).
- The Roos rank 40th in steals per game (8.0) while the Antelopes rank 236th (4.8).
- Kansas City ranks 105th in blocks per game (3.3) while Grand Canyon ranks 229th (1.3).
- The Antelopes’ average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 1.6, down from 2.8 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Roos have scored an average of 71.2 points per game (3.5 above their season average) and allowed an average of 57.8 points per game (6.8 below their season average).