The James Madison Dukes (8-10, 1-6 CAA) will be at Kaplan Arena to challenge the William & Mary Tribe (14-6, 6-1 CAA) in a CAA matchup. The game is scheduled to start at 7 p.m. ET on Thursday, January 23, 2020.
James Madison Dukes vs. William & Mary Tribe Betting Odds
Both teams were beaten in their last contest. The Tribe lost big to the Drexel Dragons, 84-57, while the Dukes were beaten by the Towson Tigers, 69-61.
James Madison had a better turnover percentage (11.6 vs. 15.9) while William & Mary had a turnover percentage of 11.1 (better than their season average of 16.8). William & Mary was led by Nathan Knight, who finished with 28 points and nine rebounds. Darius Banks, meanwhile played well for James Madison, putting up 27 points and eight rebounds.
The Tribe dominated this series last year, taking both games. In the last game, William & Mary won 70-66. William & Mary had a better free throw rate (0.235 vs. 0.145). James Madison, meanwhile, had a much better offensive rebounding percentage (31.9 vs. 20.0). This is the first time these teams will clash this year.
William & Mary figures to have the advantage on the offensive side of the ball. The Tribe currently rank 87th in offensive efficiency, while James Madison ranks 253rd in defensive efficiency. It will also be a matchup of conflicting paces as the aggressively-paced Dukes rank 23rd in possessions per game, while the slower-paced Tribe rank 260th.
James Madison Dukes vs. William & Mary Tribe ATS Pick
Basketball Prediction: SU Winner – William & Mary, ATS Winner – William & Mary, O/U – Over
- William & Mary ranks 47th in rebounds allowed per game (32.5) while James Madison ranks 270th (40.0).
- The Tribe rank 105th in three pointers allowed per game (20.9) while the Dukes rank 255th (26.1).
- William & Mary ranks 96th in assists per game (13.8) while James Madison ranks 177th in assists allowed per game (13.8).
- The Tribe’s average margin of victory in their last five games has been 2.2, down from 5.0 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Dukes have scored an average of 68.2 points per game (5.7 below their season average) and allowed an average of 74.4 points per game (1.5 below their season average).