The 11th-ranked Virginia Cavaliers (1-0) begin their home schedule at John Paul Jones Arena against the James Madison Dukes (1-0). The game will air on ESPNU at 6 p.m. ET on Sunday, November 10, 2019.
James Madison Dukes at Virginia Cavaliers Betting Odds
Both teams defeated their last opponent. The Cavaliers defeated the Syracuse Orange 48-34, while the Dukes beat the Charlotte 49ers 79-74.
The Dukes had a better free throw rate (0.203 vs. 0.130) and had a better effective field goal percentage (0.568 vs. 0.471). The Cavaliers, meanwhile, had a much better offensive rebounding percentage (33.3 vs. 17.8) and had a much better effective field goal percentage (0.449 vs. 0.282). Kihei Clark led the way for Virginia, contributing 10 points, 11 rebounds and seven assists. Meanwhile, Matt Lewis fueled James Madison with 22 points and 13 rebounds.
The productive offense of Virginia will face off against the porous defense of James Madison. Dating back to last season, the Cavaliers rank seventh in offensive efficiency, while the Dukes are 314th in defensive efficiency. The Cavaliers should have the edge on that side of the ball.
James Madison vs. Virginia Betting Pick
Pick: SU Winner – Virginia, ATS Winner – James Madison, O/U – Over
Betting Notes (2018-Present):
- Virginia ranks first in assists allowed per game (8.7) while James Madison ranks 215th (14.0).
- The Cavaliers rank 199th in three pointers attempted per game (21.5) while the Dukes rank 242nd (20.5).
- Virginia ranks 87th in blocks per game (3.9) while James Madison ranks 105th in blocks allowed per game (3.1).
- The Dukes rank 148th in steals per game (6.3) while the Cavaliers rank 233rd (5.5).
- Virginia ranks seventh in rebounds allowed per game (29.7) while James Madison ranks 87th (33.4).