The Hofstra Pride (22-8, 13-4 CAA) welcome the James Madison Dukes (9-19, 2-15 CAA) to Mack Sports Complex as the regular season comes to an end. Action gets underway at 4 p.m. ET on Saturday, February 29, 2020.
James Madison Dukes vs. Hofstra Pride ATS Odds
Both teams were beaten in their last outing. The Pride fell to the Towson Tigers, 76-65, while the Dukes lost big to the Northeastern Huskies, 77-57.
James Madison did a great job of converting from the charity stripe (11-14; 78.6 percent) while Hofstra did a terrific job of making free throws (10-14; 71.4 percent). Hofstra received a boost from Eli Pemberton, who contributed 18 points and eight rebounds. Matt Lewis, meanwhile had a good outing for James Madison, recording 17 points and five assists.
In their first matchup this season, Pemberton led the Pride to an 82-76 win. He scored a game-high 25 points. Hofstra did a great job of getting to and converting from the charity stripe (25-32; 78.1 percent). James Madison, meanwhile, had a better offensive rebounding percentage (27.9 vs. 23.5).
Hofstra could have their way on the offensive side of the ball as their high-powered offense squares off against one of the nation’s worst defenses. The Pride rank 29th in offensive efficiency, while James Madison ranks 310th in defensive efficiency.
James Madison Dukes vs. Hofstra Pride Free Pick
Free Basketball Pick: SU Winner – Hofstra, ATS Winner – Hofstra, O/U – Over
- Hofstra ranks 116th in rebounds allowed per game (34.3) while James Madison ranks 269th (38.8).
- The Dukes average 12.3 assists per game, which ranks 183rd in the NCAA. The Pride rank 237th in assists allowed per game (14.5).
- The Pride rank 138th in three pointers allowed per game (21.4) while the Dukes rank 271st (25.3).
- Hofstra ranks 27th in blocks allowed per game (2.5) while James Madison ranks 134th (3.6).
- During their last five games, the Dukes have scored an average of 63.8 points per game (8.2 below their season average) and allowed an average of 73.6 points per game (2.7 below their season average).
- The Pride’s average margin of victory in their last five games has been 7.8, up from 7.1 for the season.