The James Madison Dukes (7-7, 0-1 CAA) will be at the Schar Center to challenge the Elon Phoenix (4-10, 0-1 CAA) in a CAA matchup. The game starts at 4 p.m. ET on Sunday, December 30, 2018.
James Madison Dukes at Elon Phoenix ATS Odds
Both teams were triumphant in their last game. The Phoenix were victorious over the Manhattan Jaspers 62-56, while the Dukes dismantled the Eastern Mennonite Royals 86-58.
James Madison dominated every stat category in the game. They had a turnover percentage of 16.1 and an offensive rebounding percentage of 46.3. Eastern Mennonite put up marks of 25.5 and 34.2, respectively, for those same stats. Meanwhile, Elon’s free throw rate was their largest strength over Manhattan. The Phoenix had a rate of 0.267, while the Jaspers posted a mark of 0.077. Tyler Seibring led the way for Elon, putting up 17 points and eight rebounds. Darius Banks, meanwhile was a key piece for James Madison with 22 points, nine rebounds and seven steals.
The Dukes dominated this series last year, winning both games. In the last matchup, James Madison won 90-84. One of James Madison’s largest strengths was their ability to convert at the free throw line. They were 21-24 (87.5 percent), while the Phoenix were 12-14 (85.7 percent). This is the first time these teams will battle this year.
The Dukes’ Banks has been playing well over his last five games, averaging 0 points per game. Meanwhile, Seibring has averaged 0 points during that same time frame for the Phoenix.
The offensive glass could be a huge advantage for James Madison in this showdown. The Dukes are among the NCAA’s elite on the offensive glass, ranking 48th in offensive rebounding percentage at 34.1 percent. Meanwhile, Elon ranks 232nd in the country at corralling defensive rebounds with a defensive rebounding percentage of 70.5 percent.
James Madison vs. Elon Betting Pick
Free Basketball Tip: SU Winner – Elon, ATS Winner – James Madison, O/U – Over
- Elon ranks 13th in three pointers attempted per game (29.0) while James Madison ranks 210th (19.6).
- The Phoenix rank 88th in assists per game (14.6) while the Dukes rank 162nd in assists allowed per game (14.4).
- James Madison averages 36.6 rebounds per game, which ranks 120th in the nation. Elon ranks 182nd in rebounds allowed per game (37.1).
- The Dukes rank 51st in steals per game (7.7) while the Phoenix rank 141st in steals allowed per game (7.5).
- Elon ranks 11th in blocks allowed per game (2.0) while James Madison ranks 98th (3.6).
- During their last five games, the Phoenix have scored an average of 69.4 points per game (1.4 below their season average) and allowed an average of 78.4 points per game (0.9 above their season average).
- The Dukes have outscored opponents by an average of 9.6 points in their last five games. On the season, James Madison has been defeated by an average of 1.3 points.