The Citadel Bulldogs (3-5) will be at home in McAlister Field House when they take on the James Madison Dukes (3-6). The Over/Under (O/U) for the game has been set at 175.5 points with James Madison opening as a 4.5-point favorite. Tip-off is set for 6 p.m. ET on Tuesday, December 5, 2017, and it can be seen on ESPN 3.
James Madison Dukes vs. Citadel Bulldogs ATS Preview
The last time the Dukes played, they defeated the Charlotte 49ers, 87-82. Stuckey Mosley was the games leading scorer with 25 points on 8-for-17 shooting. James Madison dominated every stat category in the game. They had an offensive rebounding percentage of 27.0 (below their season average of 35.6) and a free throw rate of 0.328 (above their season average of 0.266). For those same stats, Charlotte had marks of 17.1 and 0.262, respectively.
The Bulldogs are trying to rebound after their 98-72 loss to the UMBC Retrievers in their last matchup. Kaelon Harris led Citadel in scoring with 16 points on 4-for-8 shooting. UMBC had an offensive rebounding percentage of 47.7 (above their season average of 31.6). Citadel, meanwhile, had a free throw rate of 0.261 (above their season average of 0.156).
It will be a showdown of opposite tempos as the fast-breaking Bulldogs will look to push the more grind-it-out Dukes. Since the 2016-17 season, the Bulldogs rank first in possessions per game while the Dukes are 308th. Ball protection could be troublesome for the Dukes. They rank 304th at avoiding errors (turnover percentage of 20.8 percent), while the Bulldogs have forced the 29th-most turnovers in the nation (opponents turnover percentage of 22.2 percent).
Games involving these teams have typically finished over the O/U total. James Madison games have gone over 71.4 percent of the time, while 100.0 percent of Citadel games have finished over. The Bulldogs have the better straight up (SU) record (3-5 vs. 3-6), but the Dukes hold the clear advantage against the spread (ATS) (2-5 vs. 0-3).
James Madison Dukes at Citadel Bulldogs Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – James Madison, ATS Winner – James Madison, O/U – Under
Betting Notes (2016-Present):
- The Dukes rank 50th in blocks allowed per game (2.8) while the Bulldogs rank 250th (4.3).
- Citadel averages 9.8 steals per game, which ranks fourth in the nation. James Madison ranks 148th in steals allowed per game (6.2).
- James Madison ranks 24th in rebounds allowed per game (31.7) while Citadel ranks 323rd (44.5).
- The Bulldogs rank 10th in assists per game (17.3) while the Dukes rank 276th (11.7).
- Citadel ranks second in three pointers attempted per game (35.2) while James Madison ranks 252nd in three pointers allowed per game (22.9).