The Richmond Spiders (0-6) are off to a slow start and will try to pick up their first victory when they clash against the James Madison Dukes (3-7) at Robins Center. Action starts at 6 p.m. ET on Saturday, December 9, 2017.
James Madison Dukes at Richmond Spiders Odds Preview
The last time the Dukes played, they lost a close one to the Citadel Bulldogs, 84-82. James Madison’s Darius Banks had a good performance, putting up 17 points, six assists and five rebounds. Citadel had an effective field goal percentage of 0.653 (above their season average of 0.496). James Madison, meanwhile, held the Bulldogs to an offensive rebounding percentage of 10.0 (below their season average of 27.7).
The Spiders are trying to rebound after their 79-60 loss to the Old Dominion Monarchs in their last matchup. With 11 points and six rebounds, De’Monte Buckingham had a good performance for Richmond. Old Dominion did a terrific job of making free throws (10-13; 76.9 percent). Richmond, on the other hand, forced the Monarchs into a turnover percentage of 20.1 (above their season average of 12.9).
Second-chance opportunities could be hard to find for Richmond in this meeting. The Spiders rank 341st in offensive rebounding percentage (20.9 percent), while James Madison ranks 54th in defensive rebounding percentage (74.8 percent) dating back to last season.
The Spiders won the only contest against the Dukes last season, 75-55. The Spiders played a nearly flawless game. They had a turnover percentage of 15.2 and a solid effective field goal percentage of 0.567. For those same stats, the Dukes were 26.1 and 0.422, respectively.
James Madison Dukes vs. Richmond Spiders Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Richmond, ATS Winner – Richmond, O/U – Over
Betting Notes (2016-Present):
- The Spiders rank 94th in steals per game (6.8) while the Dukes rank 219th in steals allowed per game (6.3).
- James Madison ranks 195th in blocks per game (2.7) while Richmond ranks 266th (2.0).
- Richmond ranks 34th in assists per game (16.3) while James Madison ranks 266th in assists allowed per game (13.3).
- The Dukes rank 81st in rebounds per game (35.1) while the Spiders rank 304th (30.2).
- Richmond ranks 81st in three pointers allowed per game (20.0) while James Madison ranks 240th (23.0).