The James Madison Dukes (8-9, 1-5 CAA) will be at SECU Arena to meet the Towson Tigers (9-9, 3-3 CAA) in a CAA matchup. The game gets underway at 2 p.m. ET on Saturday, January 18, 2020.
James Madison Dukes vs. Towson Tigers ATS Odds
In their last game, the Tigers defeated the Delaware Fightin’ Blue Hens, 84-68, while the Dukes fell to the Drexel Dragons, 78-71.
Towson played a perfect game. They had a fantastic free throw rate of 0.322 (above their season average of 0.231) and a turnover percentage of 10.5 (better than their season average of 16.0). For those same stats, Delaware had marks of 0.190 and 16.8, respectively. James Madison, meanwhile, did a great job of getting to and converting from the charity stripe (21-30; 70.0 percent). Towson rallied around Allen Betrand, who put up 18 points and five rebounds. Meanwhile, Matt Lewis played well for James Madison, putting up 24 points.
The Dukes took this series last year, taking two out of three contests. In the last contest, James Madison won 74-73. James Madison had a much better turnover percentage (15.7 vs. 23.0). Towson, on the other hand, had a much better offensive rebounding percentage (37.5 vs. 28.6). This is the first time these teams will go head-to-head this year.
There’s a decent chance that James Madison struggles to create turnovers. Towson ranks 95th in the NCAA at avoiding errors (turnover percentage of 18.2 percent), while James Madison forces the 10th-fewest turnovers (15.9 percent). It will also be a tale of two paces as the fast-paced Dukes rank 22nd in possessions per game, while the slower-paced Tigers rank 270th.
James Madison Dukes at Towson Tigers Pick
College Basketball Pick: SU Winner – Towson, ATS Winner – Towson, O/U – Under
- Towson ranks 62nd in rebounds allowed per game (33.0) while James Madison ranks 266th (39.8).
- The Dukes rank 68th in three pointers attempted per game (24.6) while the Tigers rank 176th in three pointers allowed per game (23.1).
- Towson ranks 12th in steals allowed per game (4.7) while James Madison ranks 61st (5.8).
- The Dukes’ average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 7.8, up from 1.7 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Tigers have scored an average of 75.2 points per game (8.7 above their season average) and allowed an average of 71.4 points per game (8.1 above their season average).