The Savannah State Tigers (1-3) and the Jacksonville State Gamecocks (2-1) face off in the Cayman Islands Classic – Mainland at McKenzie Arena. Tip-off is scheduled for 5 p.m. ET on Monday, November 20, 2017.
Jacksonville State Gamecocks vs. Savannah State Tigers Betting Preview
The Gamecocks lost to the Buffalo Bulls in their last game, 81-76. With 21 points on 7-for-13 shooting, Malcolm Drumwright was Jacksonville States leading scorer. Buffalo had a much better offensive rebounding percentage (39.5 vs. 25.6). Jacksonville State, meanwhile, had a better turnover percentage (15.3 vs. 15.9).
In the Tigers last game, they were topped by the Louisiana Ragin Cajuns, 115-82. Dexter McClanahan led Savannah State in scoring with 17 points on 6-for-10 shooting. Louisiana had an offensive rebounding percentage of 50.0 (above their season average of 37.2). Savannah State, on the other hand, had a free throw rate of 0.381 (above their season average of 0.248).
Conflicting paces will be on display in this showdown. Savannah State ranks second in possessions per game (82.7) while Jacksonville State is 323rd (65.6) dating back to last season.
Jacksonville State Gamecocks vs. Savannah State Tigers Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Jacksonville State, ATS Winner – Jacksonville State, O/U – Over
Betting Notes (2016-Present):
- The Tigers rank first in three pointers attempted per game (40.2) while the Gamecocks rank 217th (19.8).
- Jacksonville State ranks 79th in blocks allowed per game (3.0) while Savannah State ranks 259th (4.5).
- Jacksonville State ranks 35th in rebounds allowed per game (32.2) while Savannah State ranks 319th (48.8).
- The Gamecocks rank 41st in assists allowed per game (11.4) while the Tigers rank 317th (20.4).
- Savannah State ranks 20th in steals per game (8.0) while Jacksonville State ranks 269th (4.7).