The Richmond Spiders (0-1) will be at home in Robins Center when they square off against the Jacksonville State Gamecocks (1-0). The games Over/Under (O/U) opened at 140 points with Richmond set as a 2-point favorite. Tip-off is set for 12 p.m. ET on Monday, November 13, 2017.
Jacksonville State Gamecocks vs. Richmond Spiders Betting Preview
The Gamecocks won big over the Tennessee Wesleyan Bulldogs in their last contest, 100-42. With 11 points and eight rebounds, Jamall Gregory put together a solid outing for Jacksonville State. Jacksonville State played a perfect game. They had a free throw rate of 0.397 and an effective field goal percentage of 0.664. Tennessee Wesleyan was 0.068 and 0.250, respectively, for those same stats.
The last time the Spiders played, they were thoroughly outplayed by the Delaware Fightin Blue Hens, 76-63. DeMonte Buckingham led Richmond in scoring with 18 points on 4-for-9 shooting. Delaware had a much better effective field goal percentage (0.620 vs. 0.460). Richmond, on the other hand, had a better offensive rebounding percentage (21.9 vs. 20.8).
Richmond should be expected to protect the ball well in this contest. Dating back to last season, Richmond ranks 42nd in the nation at avoiding errors (turnover percentage of 16.6 percent), while Jacksonville State has forced the 50th-fewest turnovers (16.8 percent).
Since last season, the Gamecocks have had records of 21-14 straight up (SU) and 18-12 against the spread (ATS). Vegas has had a tendency to set the total high when Jacksonville State is involved since last season as 66.7 percent of their games have ended under the O/U total.
On the other hand, the Spiders, have records of 20-13 SU and 16-15-1 ATS since last season. A little over half of Richmonds games have finished over the projected point total over that same stretch.
Jacksonville State Gamecocks at Richmond Spiders Free Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Jacksonville State, ATS Winner – Jacksonville State, O/U – Under
Betting Notes (2016-Present):
- The Gamecocks rank 36th in assists allowed per game (11.3) while the Spiders rank 175th (13.5).
- Richmond averages 22.6 three pointers per game, which ranks 103rd in the NCAA. Jacksonville State ranks 142nd in three pointers allowed per game (20.8).
- Jacksonville State ranks 35th in rebounds allowed per game (32.2) while Richmond ranks 216th (36.4).
- The Gamecocks rank 86th in blocks per game (3.9) while the Spiders rank 262nd (1.9).
- Richmond ranks 103rd in steals per game (6.7) while Jacksonville State ranks 266th (4.6).