The Jacksonville State Gamecocks (10-15, 5-7 OVC) will be at Hooper Eblen Arena to clash with the Tennessee Tech Golden Eagles (6-19, 3-9 OVC) in an OVC matchup. The game begins at 7 p.m. ET on Thursday, February 13, 2020.
Jacksonville State Gamecocks vs. Tennessee Tech Golden Eagles ATS Odds
Both teams were victorious in their last game. The Golden Eagles barely escaped the Southeast Missouri State Redhawks 62-60, while the Gamecocks defeated the UT Martin Skyhawks 75-61.
Jacksonville State dominated nearly every stat category in the game. They had a solid effective field goal percentage of 0.589 (above their season average of 0.510) and a turnover percentage of 13.5 (better than their season average of 17.9). UT Martin had marks of 0.434 and 16.6, respectively, for those same stats. The Golden Eagles, on the other hand, knocked down 12 of their 16 free throws (75.0 percent) and had a better offensive rebounding percentage (25.0 vs. 22.9). Tennessee Tech rallied around Garrett Golday, who put up 13 points. Kayne Henry played well for Jacksonville State, recording 20 points and nine rebounds.
The Gamecocks dominated this series last year, winning both games. In the most recent contest, Jacksonville State won 67-57. Jacksonville State had a much better offensive rebounding percentage (47.5 vs. 26.8). Tennessee Tech, on the other hand, had a better turnover percentage (16.5 vs. 19.7). This will be the first matchup of the year between these two teams.
Points at the line could be hard to come by for Tennessee Tech in this battle. The Golden Eagles rank 352nd in the nation with a free throw attempt (FTA) rate of 0.140, while Jacksonville State ranks 94th in FTA rate allowed (0.198).
Jacksonville State Gamecocks vs. Tennessee Tech Golden Eagles ATS Pick
Pick: SU Winner – Tennessee Tech, ATS Winner – Tennessee Tech, O/U – Over
- Jacksonville State ranks 88th in assists per game (14.1) while Tennessee Tech ranks 249th in assists allowed per game (15.8).
- The Gamecocks rank 107th in rebounds per game (36.5) while the Golden Eagles rank 151st in rebounds allowed per game (35.1).
- The Gamecocks rank 130th in steals per game (6.3) while the Golden Eagles rank 189th in steals allowed per game (7.5).
- Tennessee Tech ranks 75th in three pointers attempted per game (24.4) while Jacksonville State ranks 134th in three pointers allowed per game (21.4).
- The Golden Eagles’ average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 5.8, down from 8.4 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Gamecocks have scored an average of 69.0 points per game (3.3 below their season average) and allowed an average of 67.6 points per game (1.3 below their season average).