The Jacksonville State Gamecocks (12-17, 7-9 OVC) will be at the Gentry Center to take on the Tennessee State Tigers (16-13, 8-8 OVC) in an OVC matchup. Action starts at 8:30 p.m. ET on Thursday, February 27, 2020.
Jacksonville State Gamecocks at Tennessee State Tigers ATS Odds
In their last contest, the Tigers lost a tough one against the Morehead State Eagles, 66-63, while the Gamecocks were victorious over the UT Martin Skyhawks, 72-58.
Jacksonville State dominated every stat category in the game. They had a free throw rate of 0.170 (below their season average of 0.191) and an offensive rebounding percentage of 30.8 (below their season average of 31.1). UT Martin recorded marks of 0.040 and 16.7, respectively, for those same stats. Tennessee State, on the other hand, forced Morehead State into a turnover percentage of 18.5 (above their season average of 15.4). Wesley Harris put together a good outing for Tennessee State with 20 points and eight rebounds. Jacksonville State received a boost from Jacara Cross, who recorded 20 points and five rebounds.
In their first matchup this season, Shakem Johnson led the Tigers to a 72-62 victory. He notched a double-double with 18 points and 10 rebounds. The Tigers’ 40.6 offensive rebounding percentage was their largest advantage over the Gamecocks, who had a mark of 21.6.
From an effective field goal percentage perspective, Tennessee State figures to have a substantial edge. The sharp-shooting Tigers offense ranks 31st in the nation in that metric at 0.537, while the suspect Jacksonville State defense is ranked 260th in effective field goal percentage allowed (0.509).
Jacksonville State Gamecocks vs. Tennessee State Tigers Odds Pick
Pick: SU Winner – Tennessee State, ATS Winner – Tennessee State, O/U – Under
- Tennessee State ranks 48th in assists allowed per game (11.0) while Jacksonville State ranks 184th (13.4).
- The Tigers rank 47th in blocks per game (4.2) while the Gamecocks rank 172nd (2.6).
- Jacksonville State averages 22.1 three pointers per game, which ranks 141st in the NCAA. Tennessee State ranks 169th in three pointers allowed per game (22.1).
- During their last five games, the Gamecocks have scored an average of 74.0 points per game (1.5 above their season average) and allowed an average of 70.6 points per game (1.1 above their season average).
- The Tigers have been outscored by an average of 8.0 points in their last five games. On the season, Tennessee State has defeated opponents by an average of 0.3 points.