The SMU Mustangs welcome the Jacksonville State Gamecocks to Moody Coliseum to get their seasons underway. Action begins at 8 p.m. ET on Tuesday, November 5, 2019.
Jacksonville State Gamecocks at SMU Mustangs Betting Odds
Last season, SMU was unable make the tournament following a 13-15 regular season campaign. Jacksonville State also did not reach the tournament following a 21-8 regular season.
The battle on the backboards could prove decisive, pitting strength against strength. In the 2018-19 season, the Mustangs ranked 41st in offensive rebounding percentage (33.4 percent), while Jacksonville State ranked 55th in defensive rebounding percentage (74.7 percent). This game should be a battle of opposite paces. The up-and-down Gamecocks ranked 48th in possessions per game, while the more methodical Mustangs ranked 331st.
Jacksonville State Gamecocks vs. SMU Mustangs Betting Pick
Prediction: SU Winner – SMU, ATS Winner – SMU, O/U – Under
Betting Notes (2018-Present):
- Jacksonville State ranks 73rd in assists allowed per game (11.8) while SMU ranks 273rd (15.4).
- The Gamecocks rank 15th in rebounds per game (39.7) while the Mustangs rank 149th (35.7).
- Jacksonville State ranks 30th in blocks allowed per game (2.5) while SMU ranks 48th (2.7).
- The Mustangs rank 90th in three pointers attempted per game (24.1) while the Gamecocks rank 281st (19.2).
- SMU ranks 13th in steals allowed per game (4.8) while Jacksonville State ranks 175th (6.6).