The Jacksonville State Gamecocks (14-5, 6-0 OVC) head to McBrayer Arena to challenge the Eastern Kentucky Colonels (9-10, 2-4 OVC). The Gamecocks will attempt to prolong their seven-game winning streak. Action starts at 7:30 p.m. ET on Thursday, January 24, 2019.
Jacksonville State Gamecocks vs. Eastern Kentucky Colonels ATS Odds
Both teams were triumphant in their last game. The Colonels barely escaped the Southeast Missouri State Redhawks 85-83, while the Gamecocks were victorious over the Tennessee Tech Golden Eagles 65-48.
Jacksonville State played a flawless game. They had a ridiculous offensive rebounding percentage of 35.5 (above their season average of 31.5) and an effective field goal percentage of 0.472 (below their season average of 0.503). Tennessee Tech recorded marks of 23.1 and 0.363, respectively, for those same stats. The Colonels, on the other hand, held the Redhawks to an offensive rebounding percentage of 12.1 (below their season average of 28.3) and had an effective field goal percentage of 0.583 (above their season average of 0.498). Eastern Kentucky was lifted by Nick Mayo, who had 24 points and eight rebounds. Meanwhile, Jason Burnell played a pivotal role for Jacksonville State with 14 points and 14 rebounds.
The Gamecocks dominated this series last year, winning both games. In the most recent game, Jacksonville State won 68-60. Jacksonville State had a much better turnover percentage (11.7 vs. 19.3). Eastern Kentucky, on the other hand, did a fantastic job of making free throws (22-27; 81.5 percent). This will be the first matchup of the year between these two teams.
The offense of Eastern Kentucky will go head-to-head against the elite defense of Jacksonville State. The Colonels currently rank 210th in offensive efficiency, while the Gamecocks are 15th in defensive efficiency. The Gamecocks should have the advantage on that end of the court.
Jacksonville State Gamecocks at Eastern Kentucky Colonels Free Pick
Basketball Pick: SU Winner – Eastern Kentucky, ATS Winner – Eastern Kentucky, O/U – Over
- Eastern Kentucky ranks eighth in three pointers attempted per game (28.9) while Jacksonville State ranks 258th (18.2).
- The Gamecocks average 13.8 assists per game, which ranks 124th in the nation. The Colonels rank 215th in assists allowed per game (15.2).
- Jacksonville State ranks 28th in blocks per game (4.7) while Eastern Kentucky ranks 101st in blocks allowed per game (3.5).
- The Gamecocks rank 31st in rebounds per game (39.6) while the Colonels rank 269th in rebounds allowed per game (40.5).
- Jacksonville State ranks 22nd in steals per game (8.4) while Eastern Kentucky ranks 134th in steals allowed per game (6.8).
- The Gamecocks’ average margin of victory in their last five games has been 15.6, up from 10.7 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Colonels have scored an average of 88.2 points per game (2.3 above their season average) and allowed an average of 88.8 points per game (4.3 above their season average).