The Belmont Bruins (19-7, 10-3 OVC) welcome the Jacksonville State Gamecocks (10-16, 5-8 OVC) to Curb Event Center. The Bruins will try to extend their five-game winning streak. Action gets underway at 6 p.m. ET on Saturday, February 15, 2020.
Jacksonville State Gamecocks vs. Belmont Bruins Betting Odds
In their last outing, the Bruins dismantled the Tennessee State Tigers, 74-51, while the Gamecocks lost a winnable game to the Tennessee Tech Golden Eagles, 75-74.
Belmont played a nearly perfect contest. They had an extraordinarily low turnover percentage of 8.2 (better than their season average of 15.0) and a free throw rate of 0.133 (matching their season average). Tennessee State was 26.5 and 0.086, respectively, for those same stats. Jacksonville State, on the other hand, had an offensive rebounding percentage of 52.9 (above their season average of 29.9). Belmont was lifted by Nick Muszynski, who had 21 points, seven rebounds and five assists. De’Torrion Ware had a solid performance for Jacksonville State, recording 26 points.
In their first matchup this year, Tyler Scanlon led the Bruins to a 78-64 victory. He put up 19 points. The Bruins’ 15.9 turnover percentage was their biggest advantage over the Gamecocks, who had a mark of 28.3.
Belmont figures to have the advantage on the offensive side of the ball. The Bruins rank 36th in offensive efficiency, while Jacksonville State ranks 137th in defensive efficiency. Moreover, the Gamecocks rank 306th in free throw attempt (FTA) rate (0.189), while the Bruins rank 28th in opponents’ FTA rate (0.167).
Jacksonville State Gamecocks vs. Belmont Bruins ATS Pick
Basketball Prediction: SU Winner – Belmont, ATS Winner – Jacksonville State, O/U – Under
- Belmont ranks first in assists per game (18.7) while Jacksonville State ranks 167th in assists allowed per game (13.3).
- The Bruins average 7.5 steals per game, which ranks 57th in the country. The Gamecocks rank 139th in steals allowed per game (6.7).
- The Gamecocks rank 80th in rebounds allowed per game (33.2) while the Bruins rank 237th (37.4).
- Belmont ranks 13th in three pointers attempted per game (28.2) while Jacksonville State ranks 154th in three pointers allowed per game (21.8).
- The Gamecocks have been outscored by an average of 3.0 points in their last five games. On the season, Jacksonville State has defeated opponents by an average of 3.2 points.
- During their last five games, the Bruins have scored an average of 77.2 points per game (3.2 below their season average) and allowed an average of 65.2 points per game (2.8 below their season average).