The Xavier Musketeers welcome the Jacksonville Dolphins to Cintas Center to get their seasons started. The game starts at 7 p.m. ET on Tuesday, November 5, 2019.
Jacksonville Dolphins vs. Xavier Musketeers Betting Odds
Jacksonville was unable reach the tournament following a 12-19 regular season last season. Xavier also failed to make the tournament following a 16-12 regular season campaign.
The sharp-shooting offense of Xavier will clash against the mid-tier defense of Jacksonville. Last season, the Musketeers offense ranked 93rd in effective field goal percentage (0.528), while the Jacksonville defense ranked 228th in effective field goal percentage allowed (0.514). The Musketeers figure to have the advantage on that side of the ball. It will also be a showdown of contrasting tempos as the fast-breaking Dolphins ranked 36th in possessions per game, while the more half-court oriented Musketeers ranked 269th.
Jacksonville Dolphins at Xavier Musketeers ATS Pick
Prediction: SU Winner – Xavier, ATS Winner – Xavier, O/U – Over
Betting Notes (2018-Present):
- Jacksonville ranks 103rd in three pointers allowed per game (21.3) while Xavier ranks 276th (25.1).
- The Dolphins rank 107th in steals per game (6.7) while the Musketeers rank 204th in steals allowed per game (6.9).
- Jacksonville blocks 5.2 opponent shots per game, which ranks eighth in the NCAA. Xavier ranks 105th in blocks allowed per game (3.1).
- The Musketeers rank 42nd in rebounds allowed per game (32.1) while the Dolphins rank 196th (35.6).
- Jacksonville ranks 91st in assists per game (14.3) while Xavier ranks 228th in assists allowed per game (14.3).