The Jacksonville Dolphins (12-14, 5-6 Asun) will be at UNF Arena to take on the North Florida Ospreys (16-10, 9-2 Asun) in an Asun matchup. Action starts at 7 p.m. ET on Thursday, February 13, 2020.
Jacksonville Dolphins vs. North Florida Ospreys Betting Odds
Both teams beat their last opponent. The Ospreys defeated the FGCU Eagles 69-60, while the Dolphins beat the NJIT Highlanders 65-54.
Jacksonville played a flawless game. They had a phenomenal offensive rebounding percentage of 37.8 (above their season average of 28.3) and a free throw rate of 0.254 (above their season average of 0.216). For those same stats, NJIT had marks of 23.7 and 0.193, respectively. The Ospreys, meanwhile, were 9-10 from the foul line (90.0 percent) and held the Eagles to an effective field goal percentage of 0.444 (below the 0.495 mark opponents have averaged against North Florida this season). Ivan Gandia-Rosa had a solid performance for North Florida, contributing 22 points, seven assists and five rebounds. David Bell, meanwhile played a key role for Jacksonville with 14 points and 11 rebounds.
In their first matchup this year, Sams led the Ospreys to a 75-68 win. He was the game’s leading scorer with 24 points. One of North Florida’s largest advantages was their ability to convert at the free throw line. They were 18-21 (85.7 percent), while the Dolphins were 9-11 (81.8 percent).
The Dolphins’ Destin Barnes has been playing well over his last five games, averaging 17 points per game. Meanwhile, Garrett Sams has averaged 17 points during that same time frame for the Ospreys.
This matchup pits one of the nation’s top offenses against one of its elite defenses as North Florida currently ranks 23rd in effective field goal percentage (0.544) and Jacksonville is 42nd in effective field goal percentage allowed (0.457).
Jacksonville vs. North Florida Odds Pick
Prediction: SU Winner – North Florida, ATS Winner – North Florida, O/U – Over
- North Florida ranks 32nd in assists per game (15.3) while Jacksonville ranks 235th (11.0).
- The Dolphins rank 225th in steals per game (5.0) while the Ospreys rank 227th (5.0).
- The Ospreys rank second in three pointers attempted per game (31.1) while the Dolphins rank 195th in three pointers allowed per game (22.8).
- Jacksonville averages 38.5 rebounds per game, which ranks 50th in the nation. North Florida ranks 201st in rebounds allowed per game (36.2).
- During their last five games, the Dolphins have scored an average of 71.2 points per game (4.7 above their season average) and allowed an average of 67.0 points per game (1.1 above their season average).
- The Ospreys’ average margin of victory in their last five games has been 11.6, up from 4.7 for the season.