The Jacksonville Dolphins (13-16, 6-8 Asun) will be at Alico Arena to go head-to-head with the FGCU Eagles (9-20, 6-8 Asun) in an Asun matchup. Action gets underway at 7 p.m. ET on Thursday, February 27, 2020.
Jacksonville Dolphins vs. FGCU Eagles Betting Odds
Both teams defeated their last opponent. The Eagles defeated the NJIT Highlanders 55-39, while the Dolphins beat the Kennesaw State Owls 69-55.
Jacksonville dominated nearly every stat category in the game. They had a solid offensive rebounding percentage of 32.4 (above their season average of 28.5) and an effective field goal percentage of 0.500 (above their season average of 0.483). For those same stats, Kennesaw State was 19.5 and 0.373, respectively. Meanwhile, FGCU’s effective field goal percentage was their biggest strength over NJIT. The Eagles had a rate of 0.436 (below their season average of 0.471), while the Highlanders posted a mark of 0.282 (below their season average of 0.460). FGCU received a boost from Dakota Rivers, who put up 10 points and 13 rebounds. David Bell, meanwhile had a good outing for Jacksonville, recording 16 points and 15 rebounds.
In their first matchup this season, Caleb Catto led the Eagles to a 63-61 win. He was the game’s top overall scorer with 20 points. The Eagles’ 10.0 turnover percentage was their biggest advantage over the Dolphins, who had a mark of 12.5.
FGCU could have difficulty getting to the foul line in this battle. The Eagles currently rank 347th in the nation with a free throw attempt (FTA) rate of 0.161, while Jacksonville ranks 92nd in FTA rate allowed (0.199). Also, the Dolphins rank 44th in opponents’ effective field goal percentage (0.459), while the Eagles rank 308th in effective field goal percentage (0.470).
Jacksonville Dolphins at FGCU Eagles Pick
Free Basketball Tip: SU Winner – FGCU, ATS Winner – FGCU, O/U – Under
- Jacksonville averages 38.1 rebounds per game, which ranks 59th in the NCAA. FGCU ranks 144th in rebounds allowed per game (35.0).
- The Eagles rank 159th in steals per game (5.9) while the Dolphins rank 226th (5.0).
- FGCU blocks 4.1 opponent shots per game, which ranks 52nd in the NCAA. Jacksonville ranks 78th in blocks allowed per game (3.0).
- The Eagles rank 115th in three pointers attempted per game (22.9) while the Dolphins rank 193rd in three pointers allowed per game (22.7).
- FGCU ranks 171st in assists per game (12.6) while Jacksonville ranks 240th (11.1).
- The Eagles have outscored opponents by an average of 1.2 points in their last five games. For the season, FGCU has been defeated by an average of 4.8 points.
- During their last five games, the Dolphins have scored an average of 65.8 points per game (0.8 below their season average) and allowed an average of 65.8 points per game (0.3 below their season average).