The Jackson State Tigers (10-14, 7-4 SWAC) and the Texas Southern Tigers (10-13, 7-3 SWAC) face off at Health & PE Center. Jackson State will will attempt to lengthen its five-game winning streak. The game begins at 8:30 p.m. ET on Saturday, February 15, 2020.
Jackson State Tigers vs. Texas Southern Tigers Betting Odds
In their last matchup, Texas Southern lost to the Prairie View A&M Panthers, 69-59, while Jackson State was victorious over the Southern University Jaguars, 67-51.
Jackson State dominated every facet of the game. They had a fantastic free throw rate of 0.431 (above their season average of 0.217) and a turnover percentage of 16.0 (better than their season average of 16.1). For those same stats, Southern University was 0.179 and 20.5, respectively. Texas Southern, on the other hand, forced Prairie View A&M into a turnover percentage of 25.2 (above their season average of 18.0). Texas Southern’s Tyrik Armstrong had a good game, finishing with eight points, eight assists and eight steals. Jackson State, meanwhile, was led by Tristan Jarrett, who put up 22 points and five rebounds.
In their first matchup this season, Bryson Etienne led Texas Southern to a 77-66 win. He scored a game-high 27 points. Texas Southern did a fantastic job of getting and making free throws (28-32; 87.5 percent). Jackson State, on the other hand, had a much better turnover percentage (12.0 vs. 19.7).
Jackson State vs. Texas Southern Odds Pick
College Basketball Pick: SU Winner – Jackson State, ATS Winner – Jackson State, O/U – Under
- Texas Southern ranks 58th in rebounds per game (38.1) while Jackson State ranks 257th (32.4).
- Jackson State ranks 68th in blocks per game (3.8) while Texas Southern ranks 144th in blocks allowed per game (3.8).
- Jackson State averages 8.3 steals per game, which ranks 26th in the NCAA. Texas Southern ranks 196th in steals allowed per game (7.6).
- Jackson State ranks 18th in three pointers allowed per game (17.4) while Texas Southern ranks 157th (21.9).
- Texas Southern’s average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 0.2, down from 5.6 for the season.
- During their last five games, Jackson State has scored an average of 71.6 points per game (4.9 above their season average) and allowed an average of 54.2 points per game (14.9 below their season average).