The Jackson State Tigers (1-0) and the Mercer Bears (1-1), who both like to play slow, will clash at Hawkins Arena. Tip-off is set for 7 p.m. ET on Tuesday, November 14, 2017.
Jackson State Tigers vs. Mercer Bears ATS Preview
In the Tigers last contest, they dismantled the Millsaps Majors, 84-46. Jeremiah Jefferson was the games high scorer with 23 points on 8-for-12 shooting. Jackson State dominated every facet of the game. They had a turnover percentage of 16.5 and a free throw rate of 0.333. For those same stats, Millsaps was 37.7 and 0.238, respectively.
The Bears hope to maintain momentum after blowing out the Toccoa Falls Eagles in their last game, 110-43. Ethan Stair played a key role for Mercer with 12 points and seven rebounds. Mercer played a perfect game. They had a free throw rate of 0.286 and a turnover percentage of 9.8. For those same stats, Toccoa Falls recorded marks of 0.055 and 33.6, respectively.
Half-court execution will be critical when a pair of the NCAAs slowest-paced teams clash. Mercer ranks 342nd in possessions per game (64.1) and Jackson State is 321st (65.8) dating back to last season.
Jackson State Tigers at Mercer Bears Betting Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Mercer, ATS Winner – Mercer, O/U – Under
Betting Notes (2016-Present):
- The Bears rank 20th in rebounds allowed per game (31.4) while the Tigers rank 114th (34.2).
- Jackson State ranks 214th in blocks per game (2.6) while Mercer ranks 235th (2.4).
- Jackson State ranks 26th in three pointers allowed per game (17.9) while Mercer ranks 295th (24.6).
- The Tigers rank 93rd in steals per game (6.8) while the Bears rank 269th (4.5).
- Mercer ranks 136th in assists per game (13.9) while Jackson State ranks 282nd (11.1).