The Jackson State Tigers (10-16, 7-6 SWAC) will be at the Assembly Center to take on the Grambling State Tigers (13-13, 7-6 SWAC) in a SWAC matchup. The game is scheduled to start at 8:30 p.m. ET on Saturday, February 22, 2020.
Jackson State Tigers vs. Grambling State Tigers ATS Odds
Both teams fell in their last outing. Grambling State fell to the Texas Southern Tigers, 93-79, while Jackson State was defeated by the Prairie View A&M Panthers, 70-61.
Jackson State had a turnover percentage of 9.2 (better than their season average of 16.2) while Grambling State had an effective field goal percentage of 0.576 (above their season average of 0.498). Kelton Edwards had a solid performance for Grambling State with 22 points and five rebounds. Jackson State was lifted by Jayveous McKinnis, who contributed 14 points and 11 rebounds.
In their first matchup this season, McKinnis led Jackson State to a 71-53 win. He notched a double-double with 13 points and 12 rebounds. Jackson State’s 0.510 effective field goal percentage was its largest strength over Grambling State, who had a mark of 0.365.
Jackson State Tigers vs. Grambling State Tigers Pick
Prediction: SU Winner – Grambling State, ATS Winner – Grambling State, O/U – Over
- Grambling State ranks 116th in rebounds per game (36.3) while Jackson State ranks 274th (32.0).
- Grambling State ranks 141st in assists per game (13.2) while Jackson State ranks 229th (11.6).
- Grambling State ranks 47th in blocks allowed per game (2.8) while Jackson State ranks 89th (3.2).
- Jackson State ranks 19th in three pointers allowed per game (17.3) while Grambling State ranks 167th (22.2).
- Jackson State ranks 32nd in steals per game (8.1) while Grambling State ranks 130th in steals allowed per game (6.5).
- Jackson State has outscored opponents by an average of 7.4 points in their last five games. For the season, Jackson State has lost by an average of 2.7 points.
- During their last five games, Grambling State has scored an average of 76.8 points per game (4.2 above their season average) and allowed an average of 73.2 points per game (2.9 above their season average).