The Jackson State Tigers (1-7) and the Denver Pioneers (3-5) square off at Magness Arena. The Tigers look to snap a seven-game road losing streak. The game is scheduled to start at 9 p.m. ET on Tuesday, December 3, 2019.
Jackson State Tigers vs. Denver Pioneers Betting Odds
Both teams lost in their last matchup. The Pioneers fell to the Southeast Missouri State Redhawks, 66-51, while the Tigers got blown out by the Air Force Falcons, 76-52.
Jackson State forced Air Force into a turnover percentage of 24.7 (above their season average of 16.5) while Denver had a free throw rate of 0.192 (above their season average of 0.184). Denver was led by Robert Jones, who recorded 12 points and eight rebounds. Miles Daniels, meanwhile played a key role for Jackson State with 19 points.
This has potential to be a sloppy game for the offense of Denver. Dating back to the 2018-19 season, Denver ranks 235th in the country in ball protection (turnover percentage of 19.6 percent), while the pesky defense of Jackson State has forced the 38th-most turnovers in the nation (22.0 percent).
Jackson State Tigers vs. Denver Pioneers ATS Pick
Prediction: SU Winner – Denver, ATS Winner – Jackson State, O/U – Over
Betting Notes (2018-Present):
- Jackson State ranks 22nd in three pointers allowed per game (19.1) while Denver ranks 301st (25.8).
- The Tigers rank 135th in assists allowed per game (12.6) while the Pioneers rank 258th (14.3).
- Denver ranks 236th in rebounds per game (34.1) while Jackson State ranks 257th (33.6).
- The Tigers rank 79th in steals per game (7.2) while the Pioneers rank 267th (5.2).
- Denver ranks 46th in blocks allowed per game (2.7) while Jackson State ranks 225th (3.9).