The IUPUI Jaguars (6-20, 2-11 Hor) will be at BB&T Arena to meet the Northern Kentucky Norse (18-7, 10-3 Hor) in a Hor matchup. Action begins at 7 p.m. ET on Friday, February 14, 2020.
IUPUI Jaguars at Northern Kentucky Norse ATS Odds
In their last outing, the Norse won big over the Detroit Titans, 84-65, while the Jaguars lost a tough one against the Milwaukee Panthers, 80-79.
Northern Kentucky played a nearly perfect contest. They had a turnover percentage of 12.8 (better than their season average of 16.5) and an offensive rebounding percentage of 42.1 (above their season average of 30.8). Detroit put up marks of 23.7 and 24.1, respectively, for those same stats. IUPUI, on the other hand, forced Milwaukee into a turnover percentage of 25.1 (above their season average of 15.8). Northern Kentucky received a boost from Jalen Tate, who put up 24 points, six rebounds and six assists. Jaylen Minnett, meanwhile had a good outing for IUPUI, recording 26 points.
In their first matchup this season, Tyler Sharpe led the Norse to a 96-71 victory. He scored a game-high 33 points. Northern Kentucky’s 0.659 effective field goal percentage was its biggest advantage over IUPUI, who had a mark of 0.413.
The prolific offense of Northern Kentucky will face off against the mid-tier defense of IUPUI. The Norse rank 95th in offensive efficiency, while the Jaguars are 333rd in defensive efficiency. The Norse should have the advantage on that end of the court.
IUPUI Jaguars at Northern Kentucky Norse Free Pick
Basketball Prediction: SU Winner – Northern Kentucky, ATS Winner – Northern Kentucky, O/U – Under
- Northern Kentucky ranks 29th in three pointers attempted per game (27.0) while IUPUI ranks 255th in three pointers allowed per game (24.7).
- The Norse rank 15th in blocks allowed per game (2.3) while the Jaguars rank 154th (4.1).
- Northern Kentucky averages 8.0 steals per game, which ranks 39th in the nation. IUPUI ranks 159th in steals allowed per game (7.1).
- The Norse average 37.2 rebounds per game, which ranks 85th in the nation. The Jaguars rank 267th in rebounds allowed per game (39.4).
- Northern Kentucky ranks 71st in assists per game (14.4) while IUPUI ranks 243rd in assists allowed per game (16.2).
- The Jaguars’ average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 5.6, down from 8.0 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Norse have scored an average of 71.2 points per game (2.5 below their season average) and allowed an average of 69.6 points per game (4.3 above their season average).