The IUPUI Jaguars (1-1) will travel to Lantz Arena to challenge the Eastern Illinois Panthers (0-2) in their home opener. The games Over/Under (O/U) opened at 142.5 points with Eastern Illinois set as a 5.5-point favorite. Tip-off is set for 8:30 p.m. ET on Friday, November 17, 2017.
IUPUI Jaguars at Eastern Illinois Panthers ATS Preview
The Jaguars had no trouble getting past the Anderson (IN) Ravens in their last outing, 75-43. Aaron Brennan was the games leading scorer with 18 points on 8-for-12 shooting. IUPUI played a nearly flawless game. They had a great effective field goal percentage of 0.571 and a turnover percentage of 23.4. For those same stats, Anderson (IN) was 0.294 and 27.2, respectively.
The last time the Panthers played, they were thoroughly outplayed by the Western Illinois Leathernecks, 56-54. Jajuan Starks was Eastern Illinois high scorer with 15 points on 5-for-12 shooting. Western Illinois had a better turnover percentage (19.1 vs. 23.7). Eastern Illinois, on the other hand, had a much better offensive rebounding percentage (33.3 vs. 25.0).
The Jaguars have had records of 15-19 straight up (SU) and 12-17 against the spread (ATS) since last season. Since last season, IUPUI games have finished over the O/U total 58.6 percent of the time.
Meanwhile, the Panthers, have records of 14-17 SU and 15-14 ATS since last season. Games including Eastern Illinois have gone under the O/U total 51.7 percent of the time over that same time frame.
IUPUI Jaguars at Eastern Illinois Panthers Free Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – IUPUI, ATS Winner – IUPUI, O/U – Over
Betting Notes (2016-Present):
- The Jaguars average 6.8 steals per game, which ranks 91st in the nation. The Panthers rank 118th in steals allowed per game (6.0).
- Eastern Illinois averages 23.6 three pointers per game, which ranks 70th in the NCAA. IUPUI ranks 87th in three pointers allowed per game (19.8).
- Eastern Illinois ranks 75th in blocks per game (4.0) while IUPUI ranks 217th in blocks allowed per game (4.0).
- The Jaguars rank 176th in rebounds allowed per game (35.3) while the Panthers rank 298th (38.9).
- Eastern Illinois averages 15.0 assists per game, which ranks 77th in the nation. IUPUI ranks 166th in assists allowed per game (13.4).