The Ball State Cardinals (3-4) will be at home in John E. Worthen Arena when they clash with the IUPUI Jaguars (2-3). The Over/Under (O/U) for the game has been set at 155.5 points with Ball State opening as a 9.5-point favorite. Action begins at 2 p.m. ET on Saturday, December 2, 2017.
IUPUI Jaguars at Ball State Cardinals ATS Preview
The last time the Jaguars played, they lost to the Western Illinois Leathernecks, 90-77. D.J. McCall put together a solid performance for IUPUI, leading the team in scoring with 25 points on 9-for-20 shooting. Western Illinois did an excellent job of making free throws (22-26; 84.6 percent). IUPUI, meanwhile, had a turnover percentage of 11.0 (better than their season average of 19.8).
The Cardinals hope to maintain momentum after dismantling the Oakland City Mighty Oaks in their last outing, 81-57. With 16 points on 7-for-9 shooting, Tahjai Teague led Ball State in scoring. The Cardinals had an extraordinary free throw rate of 0.429 (above their season average of 0.300) and had an effective field goal percentage of 0.612 (above their season average of 0.511).
Ball State could have their way on the offensive side of the ball as their upper-echelon offense goes up against one of the nation’s worst defenses. Dating back to the 2016-17 season, the Cardinals rank 57th in effective field goal percentage (0.538), while IUPUI ranks 312th in effective field goal percentage allowed (0.533).
Of IUPUI’s 4 games with betting action, two have finished over the projected point total, while 3 of Ball State’s 4 games have finished over the O/U total. Both teams have mediocre straight up (SU) records (2-3 for IUPUI; 3-4 for Ball State), but the Jaguars have the edge against the spread (ATS). IUPUI is 2-2 ATS, while the Cardinals are 2-2.
The Jaguars won the sole contest against the Cardinals last season, 73-62. The Jaguars dominated nearly every facet of the game. They had a superb free throw rate of 0.304 and a turnover percentage of 14.1. The Cardinals were 0.048 and 17.4, respectively, for those same stats.
IUPUI Jaguars vs. Ball State Cardinals Free Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Ball State, ATS Winner – IUPUI, O/U – Over
Betting Notes (2016-Present):
- The Cardinals average 3.5 blocks per game, which ranks 130th in the NCAA. The Jaguars rank 220th in blocks allowed per game (4.0).
- Ball State ranks 76th in assists per game (15.1) while IUPUI ranks 160th in assists allowed per game (13.2).
- IUPUI ranks 92nd in steals allowed per game (5.7) while Ball State ranks 248th (7.2).
- The Cardinals rank 101st in rebounds per game (37.1) while the Jaguars rank 243rd (34.4).
- IUPUI averages 22.8 three pointers per game, which ranks 102nd in the nation. Ball State ranks 219th in three pointers allowed per game (22.4).