The IUPUI Jaguars (6-22, 2-13 Hor) visit Credit Union 1 Arena to meet the UIC Flames (13-15, 8-7 Hor). The Jaguars look to snap their six-game losing streak. Action starts at 4:12 p.m. ET on Saturday, February 22, 2020.
IUPUI Jaguars vs. UIC Flames ATS Odds
In their last contest, the Flames won big over the Northern Kentucky Norse, 73-43, while the Jaguars got blown out by the Wright State Raiders, 106-66.
The Flames, who came into the game averaging an effective field goal percentage of 0.502, had a phenomenal mark of 0.606 and held the Norse to an offensive rebounding percentage of 16.0 (below their season average of 31.2). IUPUI, meanwhile, had a better turnover percentage (16.5 vs. 16.1). UIC was led by Godwin Boahen, who recorded 13 points and 10 rebounds. Meanwhile, Marcus Burk was a key piece for IUPUI with 19 points.
In their first matchup this season, Tarkus Ferguson led the Flames to a 75-66 win. He produced 16 points, nine rebounds and nine assists. UIC’s 0.515 effective field goal percentage was its largest strength over IUPUI, who had a rate of 0.383.
UIC figures to have the edge on the defensive side of the ball. The Flames currently rank 87th in effective field goal percentage allowed (0.471), while IUPUI is 288th in effective field goal percentage (0.474).
IUPUI Jaguars at UIC Flames Betting Pick
Free College Basketball Pick: SU Winner – UIC, ATS Winner – UIC, O/U – Under
- UIC ranks 83rd in assists per game (14.2) while IUPUI ranks 263rd in assists allowed per game (16.3).
- The Flames rank 138th in three pointers attempted per game (22.0) while the Jaguars rank 244th in three pointers allowed per game (24.6).
- IUPUI ranks 112th in steals per game (6.6) while UIC ranks 157th in steals allowed per game (6.8).
- The Flames average 36.1 rebounds per game, which ranks 121st in the nation. The Jaguars rank 283rd in rebounds allowed per game (39.4).
- UIC ranks 48th in blocks per game (4.1) while IUPUI ranks 159th (2.6).
- During their last five games, the Flames have scored an average of 64.6 points per game (2.9 below their season average) and allowed an average of 62.4 points per game (7.3 below their season average).
- The Jaguars’ average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 15.2, up from 9.3 for the season.