The Iowa State Cyclones (12-16, 5-10 Big 12) visit Gallagher-Iba Arena to square off against the Oklahoma State Cowboys (14-14, 4-11 Big 12). The Cyclones look to end a nine-game road losing streak. The game starts at 4 p.m. ET on Saturday, February 29, 2020, and will air on ESPNU.
Iowa State Cyclones at Oklahoma State Cowboys ATS Odds
In their last matchup, the Cowboys got blown out by the top-ranked Kansas Jayhawks, 83-58, while the Cyclones were victorious over the TCU Horned Frogs, 65-59.
Iowa State dominated nearly every facet of the game. They had a free throw rate of 0.218 (above their season average of 0.208) and a turnover percentage of 15.2 (better than their season average of 16.1). For those same stats, TCU put up marks of 0.161 and 18.3, respectively. Oklahoma State, on the other hand, did a fantastic job of making free throws (15-19; 78.9 percent). Cameron McGriff played a pivotal role for Oklahoma State with 16 points and five rebounds. Meanwhile, Solomon Young played well for Iowa State, putting up 20 points and seven rebounds.
In their first matchup this year, Young led the Cyclones to an 89-82 victory. He was the game’s leading scorer with 27 points. Iowa State was effective at getting and making free throws. The Cyclones made 28 of their 33 free throws (84.8 percent), while the Cowboys were just 14-21 (66.7 percent).
This has potential to be a mistake-prone game for the offense of Oklahoma State. Oklahoma State ranks 190th in the NCAA in ball protection (turnover percentage of 19.2 percent), while the ball-hawking defense of Iowa State forces the 76th-most turnovers in the nation (21.1 percent).
Iowa State Cyclones at Oklahoma State Cowboys ATS Pick
College Basketball Prediction: SU Winner – Oklahoma State, ATS Winner – Oklahoma State, O/U – Under
- Iowa State averages 22.6 three pointers per game, which ranks 127th in the nation. Oklahoma State ranks 272nd in three pointers allowed per game (25.4).
- The Cowboys rank 94th in steals per game (6.9) while the Cyclones rank 194th in steals allowed per game (7.3).
- Iowa State blocks 4.4 opponent shots per game, which ranks 40th in the country. Oklahoma State ranks 123rd in blocks allowed per game (3.5).
- The Cyclones average 14.5 assists per game, which ranks 54th in the country. The Cowboys rank 189th in assists allowed per game (13.5).
- Oklahoma State ranks 106th in rebounds per game (36.4) while Iowa State ranks 212th in rebounds allowed per game (36.6).
- During their last five games, the Cyclones have scored an average of 67.0 points per game (5.8 below their season average) and allowed an average of 75.8 points per game (3.2 above their season average).
- The Cowboys have been outscored by an average of 3.6 points in their last five games. On the season, Oklahoma State has defeated opponents by an average of 0.3 points.