The Iowa State Cyclones (10-2) will be at Gallagher-Iba Arena to go head-to-head with the Oklahoma State Cowboys (6-6) in a Big 12 matchup. The game starts at 9 p.m. ET on Wednesday, January 2, 2019, and will air on ESPNews.
Iowa State Cyclones vs. Oklahoma State Cowboys ATS Odds
In their last outing, the Cowboys lost a close one to the Charlotte 49ers, 66-64, while the Cyclones easily got past the Alabama State Hornets, 79-53.
Iowa State played a flawless game. They had an offensive rebounding percentage of 36.1 and a turnover percentage of 16.7. For those same stats, Alabama State was 23.7 and 25.2, respectively. Oklahoma State, meanwhile, had a much better turnover percentage (21.6 vs. 28.5). Cameron McGriff was a key piece for Oklahoma State with 17 points and six rebounds. Meanwhile, Iowa State was led by Michael Jacobson, who contributed 17 points and seven rebounds.
The Cowboys dominated this series last year, winning both contests. In the last game, Oklahoma State won 80-71. Oklahoma State out-rebounded Iowa State. The Cowboys had 17 offensive rebounds and 50 total rebounds, while the Cyclones had 10 and 38, respectively. This is the first time these teams will go head-to-head this year.
Marial Shayok and Jacobson have played well over the last five games for Iowa State. Shayok has averaged 0 points per game, while Jacobson has recorded 0 points a game during that span.
Oklahoma State might struggle to find the bottom of the net as they battle against one of the nation’s best defenses. Iowa State ranks 43rd in defensive efficiency while the Cowboys rank 238th in offensive efficiency.
Iowa State Cyclones at Oklahoma State Cowboys Odds Pick
Prediction: SU Winner – Oklahoma State, ATS Winner – Oklahoma State, O/U – Over
- Iowa State ranks sixth in steals allowed per game (4.3) while Oklahoma State ranks 148th (7.2).
- The Cyclones rank 44th in rebounds allowed per game (32.1) while the Cowboys rank 101st (34.3).
- Iowa State is 10th in the NCAA with 2.0 blocks allowed per game while Oklahoma State is 47th with 2.8 blocks allowed per game.
- The Cyclones rank 83rd in three pointers attempted per game (24.5) while the Cowboys rank 182nd in three pointers allowed per game (24.1).
- Iowa State averages 17.0 assists per game, which ranks 22nd in the NCAA. Oklahoma State ranks 114th in assists allowed per game (13.3).
- During their last five games, the Cowboys have scored an average of 71.6 points per game (0.3 above their season average) and allowed an average of 65.0 points per game (4.4 below their season average).
- The Cyclones’ average margin of victory in their last five games has been 13.2, down from 18.7 for the season.