The third-ranked Kansas Jayhawks (22-3, 11-1 Big 12) welcome the Iowa State Cyclones (11-14, 4-8 Big 12) to Allen Fieldhouse. The Jayhawks will try to lengthen their 10-game winning streak. Action begins at 9 p.m. ET on Monday, February 17, 2020, and can be seen on ESPN.
Iowa State Cyclones vs. Kansas Jayhawks ATS Odds
Both teams were triumphant in their last game. The Jayhawks defeated the Oklahoma Sooners 87-70, while the Cyclones won big over the Texas Longhorns 81-52.
Iowa State dominated nearly every facet of the game. They had a ridiculous effective field goal percentage of 0.633 (above their season average of 0.501) and a free throw rate of 0.388 (above their season average of 0.204). For those same stats, Texas was 0.336 and 0.224, respectively. The Jayhawks, meanwhile, had a phenomenal offensive rebounding percentage of 34.2 (above their season average of 31.7) and held the Sooners to an effective field goal percentage of 0.418 (below their season average of 0.491). Udoka Azubuike had a solid game for Kansas with 15 points and 17 rebounds. Iowa State, meanwhile, received a boost from Michael Jacobson, who finished with 21 points and 13 rebounds.
In their first matchup this year, Devon Dotson led the Jayhawks to a 79-53 victory. He was the game’s leading scorer with 20 points. Kansas’ 0.241 free throw rate was their biggest advantage over Iowa State, who had a rate of 0.086.
The upper-echelon offense of Kansas (26th in the NCAA with an effective field goal percentage 0.542) will square off against the bottom-tier defense of Iowa State (257th in effective field goal percentage allowed 0.508). The Jayhawks figure to have the advantage on that end of the court.
Iowa State Cyclones vs. Kansas Jayhawks Free Pick
Free Pick: SU Winner – Kansas, ATS Winner – Iowa State, O/U – Over
- Kansas ranks 41st in rebounds per game (38.8) while Iowa State ranks 219th in rebounds allowed per game (36.7).
- The Cyclones rank 33rd in blocks per game (4.4) while the Jayhawks rank 113th in blocks allowed per game (3.4).
- Kansas ranks 76th in assists per game (14.3) while Iowa State ranks 154th in assists allowed per game (12.9).
- The Cyclones average 23.1 three pointers per game, which ranks 107th in the country. The Jayhawks rank 254th in three pointers allowed per game (24.6).
- Kansas averages 8.0 steals per game, which ranks 40th in the nation. Iowa State ranks 182nd in steals allowed per game (7.2).
- The Jayhawks’ average margin of victory in their last five games has been 10.8, down from 14.6 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Cyclones have scored an average of 68.8 points per game (5.0 below their season average) and allowed an average of 70.6 points per game (1.3 below their season average).