The Iowa State Cyclones (13-12, 4-9 Big 12) will try to snap a six-game road losing streak when they clash against the Kansas State Wildcats (18-8, 7-6 Big 12) at Fred Bramlage Coliseum. Tip-off is set for 1 p.m. ET on Saturday, February 17, 2018, and it can be seen on ESPNU.
Iowa State Cyclones at Kansas State Wildcats Odds Preview
The last time the Cyclones played, they fell to the No. 13 Kansas Jayhawks, 83-77. With 19 points on 7-for-11 shooting, Cameron Lard was the top scorer from either team. Kansas had a turnover percentage of 8.9 (better than their season average of 14.7). Iowa State, on the other hand, held the Jayhawks to an offensive rebounding percentage of 16.2 (below their season average of 29.1).
The Wildcats come in on a high note after beating the Oklahoma State Cowboys in their last contest, 82-72. Kansas State was lifted by Barry Brown Jr. who was the top scorer from either team with 25 points on 6-for-12 shooting. Kansas State played a nearly perfect game. They had a fantastic free throw rate of 0.353 (above their season average of 0.258) and an effective field goal percentage of 0.627 (above their season average of 0.538). For those same stats, Oklahoma State recorded marks of 0.185 and 0.462, respectively.
Kansas State should have the edge on the offensive side of the ball. The Wildcats currently rank 71st in offensive efficiency, while Iowa State ranks 242nd in defensive efficiency.
Lard has been impressive over the last five games for Iowa State, averaging 15.8 points, 10.6 rebounds and 2.0 blocks per game.
These teams have already met once this season. The Wildcats won 91-75. The Wildcats dominated nearly every stat category in the game. They had a phenomenal effective field goal percentage of 0.664 and a turnover percentage of 15.1. The Cyclones recorded marks of 0.490 and 16.2, respectively, for those same stats. Dean Wade was the games leading scorer with 34 points.
Iowa State Cyclones vs. Kansas State Wildcats Free Prediction
Free Basketball Pick: SU Winner – Iowa State, ATS Winner – Iowa State, O/U – Over
- The Wildcats rank 14th in blocks allowed per game (2.3) while the Cyclones rank 114th (3.5).
- Kansas State ranks 103rd in assists per game (14.5) while Iowa State ranks 170th in assists allowed per game (14.0).
- Iowa State ranks 78th in rebounds per game (37.5) while Kansas State ranks 284th (30.1).
- The Wildcats rank 22nd in steals per game (7.8) while the Cyclones rank 208th (5.1).
- Kansas State ranks 133rd in three pointers allowed per game (21.6) while Iowa State ranks 249th (24.7).
- The Wildcats have been outscored by an average of 11.6 points in their last five games. On the season, Kansas State has defeated opponents by an average of 5.6 points.
- During their last five games, the Cyclones have scored an average of 76.6 points per game (2.8 above their season average) and allowed an average of 79.4 points per game (5.1 above their season average).