The Missouri Tigers and Iowa State Cyclones will square off at Mizzou Arena to start the new season. Missouri is a 4-point favorite on the opening line, while the game’s Over/Under (O/U) opened at 149 points. Tip-off is set for 9 p.m. ET on Friday, November 10, 2017, and it can be seen on SEC Network.
Iowa State Cyclones vs. Missouri Tigers ATS Preview
Iowa State reached the Second Round last season as a five seed in the tournament, where the Purdue Boilermakers defeated them. The Cyclones went 23-10 in the regular season. Missouri, meanwhile, failed to make the tournament following an 8-24 regular season campaign.
The high-powered offense of Iowa State will battle against the mid-tier defense of Missouri. In the 2016-17 season, the Cyclones ranked 30th in offensive efficiency, while the Tigers were 179th in defensive efficiency. The Cyclones should have the edge on that side of the ball.
Last season, the Cyclones had records of 23-10 straight up (SU) and 19-13 against the spread (ATS). Of Iowa State’s 32 games with betting action last season, 19 finished over the O/U total.
The Tigers, on the other hand, were 8-24 SU and 13-14-2 ATS last season. Just over half of Missouri’s games also finished over the projected point total.
Iowa State Cyclones at Missouri Tigers Betting Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Iowa State, ATS Winner – Iowa State, O/U – Over
Betting Notes (2016-Present):
- The Cyclones rank 128th in blocks per game (3.5) while the Tigers rank 256th (2.1).
- Iowa State ranks 28th in steals per game (7.8) while Missouri ranks 143rd (6.3).
- Iowa State ranks 39th in assists per game (15.8) while Missouri ranks 240th (12.1).
- The Cyclones rank 49th in three pointers attempted per game (24.6) while the Tigers rank 231st in three pointers allowed per game (22.5).
- Missouri ranks 124th in rebounds per game (36.5) while Iowa State ranks 285th in rebounds allowed per game (38.2).