The Iowa Hawkeyes (5-2) will travel to the Carrier Dome to square off with the Syracuse Orange (4-3). The game can be seen on ESPN2 at 7 p.m. ET on Tuesday, December 3, 2019.
Iowa Hawkeyes vs. Syracuse Orange Betting Odds
Both teams lost in their last contest. The Orange were blown out by the Penn State Nittany Lions, 85-64, while the Hawkeyes fell to the San Diego State Aztecs, 83-73.
Iowa had an offensive rebounding percentage of 38.2 (above their season average of 32.0) while Syracuse had a free throw rate of 0.407 (above their season average of 0.244). Syracuse was lifted by Elijah Hughes, who contributed 19 points. CJ Fredrick, meanwhile was a key piece for Iowa with 16 points and five assists.
The aggressive Iowa offense might be getting to the free throw line a lot in this battle. Since the 2018-19 season, the Hawkeyes rank second in the country with a free throw attempt (FTA) rate of 0.312, while Syracuse ranks 266th in FTA rate allowed (0.248).
Iowa Hawkeyes at Syracuse Orange Pick
Prediction: SU Winner – Syracuse, ATS Winner – Iowa, O/U – Under
Betting Notes (2018-Present):
- Iowa averages 16.0 assists per game, which ranks 20th in the NCAA. Syracuse ranks 277th in assists allowed per game (14.7).
- The Hawkeyes average 36.0 rebounds per game, which ranks 138th in the nation. The Orange rank 267th in rebounds allowed per game (37.0).
- Syracuse ranks 25th in blocks per game (4.7) while Iowa ranks 150th (3.3).
- The Orange rank 79th in three pointers attempted per game (24.4) while the Hawkeyes rank 270th in three pointers allowed per game (24.4).
- Syracuse ranks 31st in steals per game (8.1) while Iowa ranks 185th in steals allowed per game (6.6).