The 21st-ranked Iowa Hawkeyes (17-7, 8-5 Big 10) will be at Assembly Hall to meet the Indiana Hoosiers (15-8, 5-7 Big 10) in a Big 10 matchup. The game gets underway at 8 p.m. ET on Thursday, February 13, 2020.
Iowa Hawkeyes at Indiana Hoosiers ATS Odds
In their last contest, the Hoosiers were beaten by the Purdue Boilermakers, 74-62, while the Hawkeyes won big over the Nebraska Cornhuskers, 96-72.
Iowa dominated every stat category in the game. They had a great turnover percentage of 9.1 (better than their season average of 14.7) and a free throw rate of 0.208 (matching their season average). Nebraska was 14.3 and 0.167, respectively, for those same stats. Indiana, meanwhile, held Purdue to an offensive rebounding percentage of 28.6 (below their season average of 35.6). Indiana received a boost from Trayce Jackson-Davis, who contributed 16 points and eight rebounds. Meanwhile, Joe Wieskamp fueled Iowa with 30 points and seven rebounds.
The Hawkeyes dominated this series last year, taking both games. In the last matchup, Iowa won 76-70. One of Iowa’s largest strengths was getting to the charity stripe. They made 25 trips to the line, while Indiana went 22 times. This will be the first matchup of the year between these two teams.
A focal point for the Indiana offense is getting to the free throw line. The Hoosiers rank 19th in free throw attempt (FTA) rate (0.287), but Iowa is among the best in the nation at keeping opponents away from the charity stripe (ranking 59th by yielding a FTA rate of 0.186). Moreover, the Hawkeyes are among the NCAA’s elite on the offensive backboards, ranking 41st in offensive rebounding percentage (33.1 percent). The Hoosiers, meanwhile, rank 28th in defensive rebounding percentage (76.2 percent).
Iowa Hawkeyes vs. Indiana Hoosiers Pick
Basketball Tip: SU Winner – Indiana, ATS Winner – Indiana, O/U – Under
- Iowa ranks 106th in three pointers attempted per game (23.3) while Indiana ranks 277th (16.8).
- The Hoosiers average 4.4 blocks per game, which ranks 40th in the NCAA. The Hawkeyes rank 123rd in blocks allowed per game (3.5).
- The Hawkeyes rank fourth in assists per game (17.8) while the Hoosiers rank 135th (13.3).
- Indiana ranks 25th in rebounds allowed per game (31.0) while Iowa ranks 135th (34.7).
- The Hoosiers have been outscored by an average of 6.6 points in their last five games. On the season, Indiana has defeated opponents by an average of 5.5 points.
- During their last five games, the Hawkeyes have scored an average of 75.2 points per game (3.9 below their season average) and allowed an average of 77.0 points per game (5.3 above their season average).