The Iona Gaels (2-7, 0-2 MAAC) and the Rider Broncs (8-5, 2-1 MAAC) clash at Alumni Gymnasium. The Gaels look to snap their five-game losing streak. The game will air on ESPNU at 7 p.m. ET on Friday, January 10, 2020.
Iona Gaels vs. Rider Broncs Betting Odds
Both teams were beaten in their last matchup. The Broncs got blown out by the Quinnipiac Bobcats, 80-61, while the Gaels were beaten by the Monmouth Hawks, 73-61.
Iona had a better offensive rebounding percentage (30.0 vs. 30.0) while Rider had a much better offensive rebounding percentage (31.4 vs. 23.1). Frederick Scott played well for Rider with 17 points and eight rebounds. Meanwhile, Isaiah Ross had a solid performance for Iona, finishing with 17 points and six rebounds.
The Gaels dominated this series last year, taking both games. In the last game, Iona won 86-79. Getting to the charity stripe was one of Iona’s biggest strengths. They made 26 trips to the line, while Rider went just 12 times.
The aggressive Rider offense might be living from the foul line in this showdown. Dating back to last season, the Broncs rank 26th in the nation with a free throw attempt (FTA) rate of 0.258, while Iona ranks 254th in FTA rate allowed (0.205).
Iona Gaels at Rider Broncs Pick
Prediction: SU Winner – Iona, ATS Winner – Iona, O/U – Under
Betting Notes (2018-Present):
- Rider ranks 20th in rebounds per game (38.2) while Iona ranks 233rd (33.9).
- The Broncs rank 163rd in assists allowed per game (14.8) while the Gaels rank 228th (15.5).
- Iona ranks 34th in blocks allowed per game (3.4) while Rider ranks 94th (3.6).
- The Gaels rank 57th in three pointers attempted per game (25.5) while the Broncs rank 256th in three pointers allowed per game (25.6).
- Rider averages 8.5 steals per game, which ranks 98th in the country. Iona ranks 181st in steals allowed per game (6.0).