The La Salle Explorers welcome the Iona Gaels to Tom Gola Arena to begin their seasons. The game starts at 4 p.m. ET on Saturday, November 9, 2019.
Iona Gaels at La Salle Explorers Betting Odds
Iona went to the tournament last season after a 13-14 regular season campaign that earned them a 16 seed in the tournament. They were defeated in the First Round by the North Carolina Tar Heels. Meanwhile, La Salle failed to make the tournament following an 8-17 regular season campaign.
Last season, the Gaels were 13-14 straight up (SU) and 15-14-1 against the spread (ATS). Of Iona’s 30 games that accepted bets last season, 16 finished over the projected point total.
Meanwhile, the Explorers were 8-17 SU and 11-18-2 ATS last season. Of La Salle’s 31 games with betting action last season, 19 finished over the projected point total.
Points at the line might be scarce for La Salle in this matchup. The Explorers ranked 231st in the nation with a free throw attempt (FTA) rate of 0.219, while Iona ranked 58th in FTA rate allowed (0.195) in the 2018-19 season.
Iona at La Salle Odds Pick
College Basketball Pick: SU Winner – Iona, ATS Winner – Iona, O/U – Under
Betting Notes (2018-Present):
- La Salle ranks 11th in three pointers allowed per game (18.2) while Iona ranks 288th (26.0).
- The Explorers rank 197th in rebounds allowed per game (35.6) while the Gaels rank 245th (37.0).
- La Salle ranks 154th in blocks per game (3.2) while Iona ranks 173rd in blocks allowed per game (3.6).
- The Explorers rank 178th in assists allowed per game (13.2) while the Gaels rank 275th (15.1).
- Iona averages 6.8 steals per game, which ranks 96th in the nation. La Salle ranks 155th in steals allowed per game (6.4).