The Old Dominion Monarchs (2-1) and the Indiana State Sycamores (1-1) square off in the Charleston Classic at TD Arena. Action gets underway at 1:30 p.m. ET on Friday, November 17, 2017, and it can be seen on ESPNU.
Indiana State Sycamores vs. Old Dominion Monarchs Betting Preview
The Sycamores got blown out by the Auburn Tigers in their last game, 83-64. Indiana State’s Emondre Rickman had seven points and 11 rebounds in the game. Auburn had a much better turnover percentage (16.2 vs. 23.3). Indiana State, on the other hand, did a terrific job of getting and making free throws (24-30; 80.0 percent).
The last time the Monarchs played, they were blown out by the Temple Owls, 76-65. With 14 points and five rebounds, Old Dominion’s Trey Porter had a good outing. Temple did a terrific job of converting from the charity stripe (20-25; 80.0 percent). Old Dominion, meanwhile, had a better turnover percentage (14.7 vs. 16.7).
Looking at effective field goal percentage, Old Dominion figures to have a substantial advantage. Since the 2016-17 season, the Monarchs defense ranks 26th in effective field goal percentage allowed (0.461), while the Indiana State offense ranks 261st in effective field goal percentage (0.489). Additionally, second chance points could be few and far between for the Sycamores. They rank 335th in the NCAA in offensive rebounding percentage at 22.3 percent, while the Monarchs have been 58th-best on the defensive glass (defensive rebounding percentage of 73.8 percent).
Indiana State Sycamores vs. Old Dominion Monarchs Free Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Old Dominion, ATS Winner – Old Dominion, O/U – Over
Betting Notes (2016-Present):
- The Monarchs rank 26th in steals allowed per game (5.0) while the Sycamores rank 94th (5.8).
- Old Dominion ranks 11th in assists allowed per game (10.3) while Indiana State ranks 76th (12.0).
- Old Dominion ranks 57th in rebounds per game (38.2) while Indiana State ranks 312th in rebounds allowed per game (40.5).
- The Sycamores rank 72nd in three pointers attempted per game (23.4) while the Monarchs rank 319th (15.8).
- Old Dominion ranks 34th in blocks per game (4.8) while Indiana State ranks 235th in blocks allowed per game (4.2).