The North Texas Mean Green (4-5) will be at home in The Super Pit when they go head-to-head against the Indiana State Sycamores (3-4). The Over/Under (O/U) for the game opened at 139.5 points with Indiana State set as a 2-point favorite. Tip-off is set for 8 p.m. ET on Wednesday, December 6, 2017.
Indiana State Sycamores vs. North Texas Mean Green Free Preview
The Sycamores defeated the Air Force Falcons in their last outing, 74-64. With 25 points and 11 rebounds, Brenton Scott had a solid performance for Indiana State. Indiana State dominated every stat category in the game. They had a turnover percentage of 21.5 (worse than their season average of 19.6) and an effective field goal percentage of 0.565 (above their season average of 0.483). For those same stats, Air Force was 25.3 and 0.510, respectively.
The last time the Mean Green played, they were defeated by the UT Arlington Mavericks, 65-60. Shane Temara led North Texas in scoring with 15 points on 6-for-12 shooting. UT Arlington had a turnover percentage of 13.4 (better than their season average of 18.6). North Texas, on the other hand, had an offensive rebounding percentage of 45.2 (above their season average of 31.4).
Indiana State figures to have the advantage on the defensive side of the ball. Dating back to the 2016-17 season, the Sycamores rank 72nd in effective field goal percentage allowed (0.478), while North Texas is 270th in effective field goal percentage (0.489).
Of Indiana State’s 6 games that accepted bets, three have finished over the O/U total, while 3 of North Texas 4 games have finished under the O/U total. Both teams have mediocre straight up (SU) records (3-4 for Indiana State; 4-5 for North Texas), but the Mean Green have the advantage against the spread (ATS). North Texas is 3-1 ATS, while the Sycamores are 2-3-1.
Indiana State Sycamores at North Texas Mean Green Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Indiana State, ATS Winner – Indiana State, O/U – Over
Betting Notes (2016-Present):
- The Sycamores rank 83rd in blocks per game (4.0) while the Mean Green rank 183rd in blocks allowed per game (3.7).
- Indiana State ranks 178th in assists per game (13.3) while North Texas ranks 272nd (11.6).
- North Texas averages 36.4 rebounds per game, which ranks 140th in the NCAA. Indiana State ranks 316th in rebounds allowed per game (40.3).
- The Sycamores rank 39th in three pointers allowed per game (18.6) while the Mean Green rank 191st (21.9).
- Indiana State ranks 97th in steals per game (6.8) while North Texas ranks 234th in steals allowed per game (7.1).