The Indiana State Sycamores (8-4) will be at the Joseph J. Gentile Center to meet the Loyola Chicago Ramblers (7-6) in a MVC matchup. Action starts at 9 p.m. ET on Wednesday, January 2, 2019.
Indiana State Sycamores at Loyola Chicago Ramblers Betting Odds
In their last outing, the Ramblers dismantled the UMKC Kangaroos, 76-45, while the Sycamores fell to the Ball State Cardinals, 86-69.
Loyola Chicago played a nearly perfect contest. They had a free throw rate of 0.189 and an effective field goal percentage of 0.623. UMKC was 0.088 and 0.351, respectively, for those same stats. Indiana State, meanwhile, had a better offensive rebounding percentage (40.9 vs. 44.4). Loyola Chicago’s Cooper Kaifes had a good outing, finishing with 19 points. Tyreke Key, meanwhile played a pivotal role for Indiana State with 16 points and seven rebounds.
This was a highly competitive series last year, as the teams split their two games last season. The Ramblers won the most recent matchup 75-71. Loyola Chicago did an excellent job of making free throws (18-23; 78.3 percent). Indiana State, meanwhile, had a much better offensive rebounding percentage (33.3 vs. 13.0). This is the first time these teams will go head-to-head this year.
The Sycamores’ Key has been playing well over his last five games, averaging 0 points per game. Meanwhile, Marques Townes has averaged 0 points during that same time frame for the Ramblers.
The offense of Indiana State (174th in the NCAA with an offensive efficiency of 105.8) will clash against the top-notch defense of Loyola Chicago (17th in the NCAA with a defensive efficiency of 89.6). The Ramblers should have the advantage on that side of the ball.
Indiana State at Loyola Chicago Betting Pick
Free Prediction: SU Winner – Loyola Chicago, ATS Winner – Loyola Chicago, O/U – Over
- Loyola Chicago ranks 36th in rebounds allowed per game (31.4) while Indiana State ranks 106th (34.5).
- The Ramblers rank 234th in three pointers attempted per game (18.7) while the Sycamores rank 267th (14.1).
- The Ramblers rank 75th in assists per game (14.8) while the Sycamores rank 118th in assists allowed per game (13.3).
- Indiana State ranks 97th in blocks per game (3.3) while Loyola Chicago ranks 131st in blocks allowed per game (4.1).
- The Ramblers’ average margin of victory in their last five games has been 14.8, up from 7.2 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Sycamores have scored an average of 75.2 points per game (1.4 above their season average) and allowed an average of 66.8 points per game (5.3 below their season average).