The Indiana State Sycamores (11-8, 3-4 MVC) will be at Redbird Arena to square off against the Illinois State Redbirds (11-9, 4-3 MVC) in a MVC matchup. The game starts at 2 p.m. ET on Sunday, January 27, 2019, and will air on CBS Sports Network.
Indiana State Sycamores at Illinois State Redbirds ATS Odds
In their last contest, the Redbirds lost to the Bradley Braves, 85-68, while the Sycamores beat the Valparaiso Crusaders, 70-53.
Indiana State dominated nearly every stat category in the game. They had a turnover percentage of 12.3 (better than their season average of 17.6) and an effective field goal percentage of 0.569 (above their season average of 0.493). For those same stats, Valparaiso recorded marks of 21.2 and 0.444, respectively. Illinois State, on the other hand, had a turnover percentage of 10.3 (better than their season average of 16.1). Milik Yarbrough had a solid performance for Illinois State, putting up 25 points. Indiana State, meanwhile, was lifted by Tyreke Key, who contributed 22 points and five rebounds.
The Redbirds captured this series last year, taking two out of three games. In the most recent matchup, Illinois State won 77-70. Illinois State’s 0.554 effective field goal percentage was its biggest strength over Indiana State, who had a mark of 0.403. This is the first time these teams will go head-to-head this year.
The aggressive Indiana State offense might be getting to the charity stripe a lot in this showdown. The Sycamores currently rank 56th in the nation with a free throw attempt (FTA) rate of 0.275, while Illinois State ranks 210th in FTA rate allowed (0.237).
Indiana State vs. Illinois State Odds Pick
College Basketball Prediction: SU Winner – Illinois State, ATS Winner – Indiana State, O/U – Over
- Illinois State ranks 108th in three pointers attempted per game (23.9) while Indiana State ranks 294th (14.6).
- The Sycamores rank 205th in rebounds per game (34.0) while the Redbirds rank 211th in rebounds allowed per game (37.0).
- The Redbirds rank 71st in assists per game (14.8) while the Sycamores rank 235th (11.1).
- Illinois State ranks 10th in blocks allowed per game (2.1) while Indiana State ranks 104th (3.5).
- The Redbirds’ average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 2.0, up from 1.4 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Sycamores have scored an average of 66.0 points per game (3.7 below their season average) and allowed an average of 67.0 points per game (3.5 below their season average).