The Indiana State Sycamores (9-6, 1-2 MVC) will be at the Ford Center to clash against the Evansville Aces (8-8, 2-1 MVC) in a MVC matchup. Action begins at 2 p.m. ET on Saturday, January 12, 2019, and can be seen on ESPN 3.
Indiana State Sycamores vs. Evansville Aces ATS Odds
In their last outing, the Aces had no trouble getting past the Loyola Chicago Ramblers, 67-48, while the Sycamores fell to the Missouri State Bears, 72-57.
The Aces had a ridiculous effective field goal percentage of 0.608 (above their season average of 0.489) and had an offensive rebounding percentage of 28.6 (above their season average of 18.8). Indiana State, on the other hand, had a better effective field goal percentage (0.481 vs. 0.558). K.J. Riley had a good game for Evansville, contributing 15 points, seven assists and five rebounds. Meanwhile, Jordan Barnes played a key role for Indiana State with 10 points and five steals.
The Sycamores dominated this series last year, emerging victorious in both games. In the last game, Indiana State won 58-53. One of Indiana State’s largest strengths was getting to the free throw line. They had 25 free throw attempts, while Evansville had just 14. This will be the first matchup of the year between these two teams.
It will be a showdown of opposite paces as the up-and-down Aces will look to push the slower-paced Sycamores. The Aces currently rank 58th in possessions per game while the Sycamores are 210th.
Indiana State at Evansville Free Pick
College Basketball Prediction: SU Winner – Evansville, ATS Winner – Evansville, O/U – Under
- Evansville ranks 119th in three pointers attempted per game (23.1) while Indiana State ranks 270th (14.6).
- The Sycamores rank 139th in rebounds allowed per game (35.3) while the Aces rank 237th (39.9).
- Evansville ranks 106th in blocks per game (3.1) while Indiana State ranks 118th in blocks allowed per game (3.9).
- The Aces’ average margin of victory in their last five games has been 2.8, up from 1.3 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Sycamores have scored an average of 63.8 points per game (6.3 below their season average) and allowed an average of 74.6 points per game (2.9 above their season average).